LA Headz: Need to know the deal...

hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I will be stuck in the luvlee city of Downey tomorrow. I won't be able to get out too much/far, but are there any record spots in the immediate area? It's near Compton, huh? Should I "roll strapped"?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    dude your in the LA area and your asking about a area 15 miles from your house??? time to get out and discover whas up. Compton is a shithole and I don't recommend spending more than 10 minutes there. boring ass city full of depression and maybe some rackords. Downey is just as boring but does have the first major McDonalds if your into fast food history.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dude your in the LA area and your asking about a area 15 miles from your house??? time to get out and discover whas up. Compton is a shithole and I don't recommend spending more than 10 minutes there. boring ass city full of depression and maybe some rackords. Downey is just as boring but does have the first major McDonalds if your into fast food history.

I'm really not in the LA area & I try not to go there.

• I saw this place on Food Natwork called Puffy Taco( )that I think was in your general vicinity. Anyone know the deal? Think its by the In n Out Burger on Radford.

I saw this place on Food Natwork called Puffy Taco( )that I think was in your general vicinity. Anyone know the deal? Think its by the In n Out Burger on Radford.

[bad]I think it's called Pdiddy Taco now.[/joke]

Keep in mind that this is said to me by a dude who I emailed directions to a flea market a couple days ago. Talk about ungrateful...

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts

Keep in mind that this is said to me by a dude who I emailed directions to a flea market a couple days ago. Talk about ungrateful...

damn homie you didnt...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

REAL HEADZ KNOWZ THE DEALZ!!!!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Should I "roll strapped"?

You mean you don't already???

REAL HEADZ KNOWZ THE DEALZ!!!!

seriously,

dude your in the LA area and your asking about a area 15 miles from your house??? time to get out and discover whas up.

not to mention the description of compton as boring & MB rackords, ohhhhh man....

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    guys. i think this can be settled through battle raps, no?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    karaoke raps

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

perhaps...I'll ask AP to ghostwire some shit for me.

But no seriously back on the Compton thing, I've never understood the mystique behind this city. So a coule of rappers came from here big deal, they didn't like it enogh to stay in the city. Compton is one big boring as fuck town with nothing more interesting than a flea market and apparently a puffy taco. only been there a handful of times in my life...found nothing I liked out there, Downey realy ain't that much different both cities are better known to me as those 5 exits off the 605 that I never take

perhaps...I'll ask AP to ghostwire some shit for me.

But no seriously back on the Compton thing, I've never understood the mystique behind this city. So a coule of rappers came from here big deal, they didn't like it enogh to stay in the city. Compton is one big boring as fuck town with nothing more interesting than a flea market and apparently a puffy taco. only been there a handful of times in my life...found nothing I liked out there, Downey realy ain't that much different both cities are better known to me as those 5 exits off the 605 that I never take

are you sure you were in compton? the reason i ask is there aint no compton exit off the 605.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    yeah but there is a Lynnwood exit and all that mess offf the 605. Been to Compton more than enough. One day I'ma have to tell you about my experinece in compton with the moving truck

yeah but there is a Lynnwood exit and all that mess offf the 605. Been to Compton more than enough. One day I'ma have to tell you about my experinece in compton with the moving truck

i'm sure you been there, however, lynwood & compton are not anywhere near the 605, you speakin' on the 710...

• get on a bus to west covina. i hear they have records AND an applebees.

APPLEBEES!!!!!

dude they got the banginest weight watchers menu that you wont find in compton or pacoima or temple city, you know, anything along the 405.

We don't have Applebee's in OC...

Am I missing out?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

"Dude... that's disgusting"

Am I missing out?

ohh trust me we do, & no your not missin sheeeeaht...

"Dude... that's disgusting"

either the frappes are faster than the beatz
    or the beatz are..........

.....gawdammit im sweet

Am I missing out?

ohh trust me we do, & no your not missin sheeeeaht...

OK, I will be peaceful in my lack of knowing the deal...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    But no seriously back on the Compton thing, I've never understood the mystique behind this city. So a coule of rappers came from here big deal, they didn't like it enogh to stay in the city.

Archaic will skin you alive with his patented Bus-Drive Hunting Knife.

I will be stuck in the luvlee city of Downey tomorrow. I won't be able to get out too much/far, but are there any record spots in the immediate area? It's near Compton, huh? Should I "roll strapped"?

I live in Santa Fe Springs. It's the city next over. You should really go to Uptown Whittier on Greenleaf. Many record stores and a couple thrift stores. Also in Downtown Downey there is a cool thrift but not worth going out of the way too much. It's called Second Time Around. Let me know what you find if you go. PEACE...

Radd! If I find doubles of Stark Reality, I'll drop one by...

THANKS!!!