hendrix bootleg price check

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Was digging through my dad's collection again over the weekend and came across a Jimi Hendrix bootleg from Maui, Hawaii. What are these going for in mint condition? This picture isn't his but one I found online. There isn't any real info on the record itself. Just a rubber stamp on the cover and two black and white drawnings on the labels with Side A and Side B on clear yellow vinyl. There is also a print of Jimi inside the cover.

Incident at Rainbow Bridge. Maui, Hawaii. Jimi Hendrix Experience[/b]

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've never sold a Hendrix, but those kinda boots normally go for 50-100 bucks - IF they don't get yanked from eBay.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I've never sold a Hendrix, but those kinda boots normally go for 50-100 bucks - IF they don't get yanked from eBay.

thanks. he doesn't plan on selling it but I was curious.

• I've never sold a Hendrix, but those kinda boots normally go for 50-100 bucks - IF they don't get yanked from eBay.

Usually depends on what pressing it is. The Trademark of Quality pressing of this LP on color vinyl usually sells for $100+ on color vinyl. There are numerous different boots of this show. There was a pretty detailed online Hendrix boot discography but I couldn't find it when typing this. It may still be up if you do some hunting. I did find this on popsike:

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4747995008

• I've never sold a Hendrix, but those kinda boots normally go for 50-100 bucks - IF they don't get yanked from eBay.

ive got several Asian bootlegs(from Taiwan or Thailand maybe?) of classic albums from Led Zeppelin,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath,etc....are they worth shit?

ive got several Asian bootlegs(from Taiwan or Thailand maybe?) of classic albums from Led Zeppelin,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath,etc....are they worth shit?

no

well...i guess everything has value to somebody. when i get this stuff, I put it in my dollar bin. sometimes i see Beatles ones sell on Ebay but generally i think most dealers/collectors consider these trash

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Was digging through my dad's collection again over the weekend and came across a Jimi Hendrix bootleg from Maui, Hawaii. What are these going for in mint condition? This picture isn't his but one I found online. There isn't any real info on the record itself. Just a rubber stamp on the cover and two black and white drawnings on the labels with Side A and Side B on clear yellow vinyl. There is also a print of Jimi inside the cover.

Incident at Rainbow Bridge. Maui, Hawaii. Jimi Hendrix Experience[/b]

Ooh, depending on the condition, that one can go up to $150, if not more. A lot of the early 70's boots are desirable because of the lack of artwork and graphics.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

They are considered counterfeits, and are more for the hardcore completists than anything.

• oh well