computer SOS

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
kicked ht eplug out of my laptop while i was writing a paper (the battery is real weak on this thing). had 3 files open which i didnt save before it shut down. does the computer save them itself if it shuts down suddenly? anyone know where?fuck

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    depends on how you have word set up. usually if you have some auto-save shit enabled, when you re-open word, it should open up with everything that was auto-saved.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    pc? typing in word?

word usually will save the last known documents that were being edited (but not necessarily the last exact word you were typing, most likely somewhere close) and have them displayed on a side panel when you re open word after rebooting...

• got em thanks yalll!!!!!!!

how can i delete this thread?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    think you can edit your original post and delete the thread from there but you might wanna keep it open for people who run into the same problem

• i'll leave it for posterity.

for the record... i got one class and its kicking my behind. i have pocrastinated and struggle d thorugh writers block to get a 3 page paper done. im gonna killthis hsit tonight. ridiculous

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    It may still have it in the temp files. Just do a search for a phrase you know is in the paper. I've saved a few papers that way.