some thoughts

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
ok, I said I was done with the JT thread, I am, but I have been reading the responses obviously...one couldnt totally amputate themselves from something they feel strongly about...but then again I dont want to get in an argument with folls that obviously dont know the climate here in Memphis.

EVERY fucking big-wig with good intentions(and we all know what the road to hell is paved with)and a checkbook that wanted to "revitalize" Memphis has fucked shit up big time, and I mean big time...its one of the reasons we have an empty, ugly-ass pyramid sittin on the river, that is why we have the money drain and eyesore called mud island...

Lets leave Stax and Sun alone, can we? Let it be important historically, for what it is, let it remain a point of pride for this town. I dont give a crap about JT's "RnB cred"( I think he is about as important to RnB music as well, me...lets see in 10 years if anyone remembers who he is outside of the VH-1 behind the music that will undoubtedly be made) Also as far as him being a "Memphian"... dude is from Millington, that is akin to some dude from Long Island saying they are from "the city". Dude can keep his money, he can keep his little talent farm of crap...keep recording and music in memphis grass roots and independent...there is no way JT could keep it corporate free...the corporate music industry made him what he is, there is NO way they arent going to want a piece of the pie.

So basically in so many words...leave it alone. Sorry if my "corny attitude"(faded glory...dont talk about shit you dont understand) isnt kosher with y'all...but I dont want to see a bullshit, music empire directed at 13 year olds made with the Stax name, I dont want to see a another recording studio empty in a few years and abandonded, I dont want to see anything with the Stax or Sun name bulldozed AGAIN. I dont see ANY good that could come of this.

My 2.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    did you really need to post another thread to basically restate what you mentioned in that awful thread?

• well, yes, thanks for your concern...a thread of people who dont know what the fuck goes on in this town, telling me I am "corny", telling me "to get with the times", explaining to me how the recording industry works..well,I dont feel like I should waste my time with that thread but I wanted to state some things I didnt earlier, but I didnt want to do it in that "let them eat cake" circle jerk of a thread.

• ok, I said I was done with the JT thread, I am, but I have been reading the responses obviously...one couldnt totally amputate themselves from something they feel strongly about...but then again I dont want to get in an argument with folls that obviously dont know the climate here in Memphis.

EVERY fucking big-wig with good intentions(and we all know what the road to hell is paved with)and a checkbook that wanted to "revitalize" Memphis has fucked shit up big time, and I mean big time...its one of the reasons we have an empty, ugly-ass pyramid sittin on the river, that is why we have the money drain and eyesore called mud island...

Lets leave Stax and Sun alone, can we? Let it be important historically, for what it is, let it remain a point of pride for this town. I dont give a crap about JT's "RnB cred"( I think he is about as important to RnB music as well, me...lets see in 10 years if anyone remembers who he is outside of the VH-1 behind the music that will undoubtedly be made) Also as far as him being a "Memphian"... dude is from Millington, that is akin to some dude from Long Island saying they are from "the city". Dude can keep his money, he can keep his little talent farm of crap...keep recording and music in memphis grass roots and independent...there is no way JT could keep it corporate free...the corporate music industry made him what he is, there is NO way they arent going to want a piece of the pie.

So basically in so many words...leave it alone. Sorry if my "corny attitude"(faded glory...dont talk about shit you dont understand) isnt kosher with y'all...but I dont want to see a bullshit, music empire directed at 13 year olds made with the Stax name, I dont want to see a another recording studio empty in a few years and abandonded, I dont want to see anything with the Stax or Sun name bulldozed AGAIN. I dont see ANY good that could come of this.

My 2.

Well said.