Ebay seller help, i'm stupid

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
i am selling some equipment on ebay right now. i set it up for buy it now, but did not realize that once someone bids it takes the buy it now option away. so of course, someone bids on the item and then the buy it now option went away, and of course some one emailed me last night and told me they were gonna buy it now but then it went away. i offered to have him put the money in my account, and i would close the auction early and then send him the equipment. however, he wants to bid through ebay, i guess for protection. fine, except i do not know how to do what he wants next:appherently whne he bids i have the option to accept his bid and end the auction early for that bid. 2 things, i can't figure out how to accept the bid and i cant figure out how to end the auction early. what it do on a quick essplanation of this process? sorry for being so ebay stupid, i rarely sell anything on there. thanks in advance.

Comments

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    go to My Ebay and select "End Item". It will give you the option of canceling all the bids or just ending the item and selling it to the current high bidder.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    thanks man, appreciated. but like i said, i am real dumb when it comes to ebay selling.

i know there should be an "end item" section somewhere in "my ebay" but i am a fucking moron and just do not see it. it is driving me nuts. i know this has got to be a totally simple thing, but for some reason i can not handle it. i feel like an idoit.

where, on the my ebay page, will i find this "end item" button. i searched and looked in the help section, but i dont see it. im sure it is right in front of my face...

• Not difficult.
    End current auction-reason:error in listing
    Relist item as a 'fixed price' auction or list it with the 'buy it now' price the same as the starting bid.
    You'll get your 'buy it now' price and the buyer will get the protection from buying from ebay.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Do a search in Ebay Help. A lot of the features aren't intergrated in the control panel simply because they don't want people to use these features all the time. Out of site, out of mind.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    you can also find the "cancel bids on my item" and "end item listing" in the eBay sitemap

• It's where your items that you are selling are on. It is a little click scroll down thing. It should say Sell Similar Item and you can click it on the side to bring down other options.

Sorry if this confuses you more. I am not good with words.

It's where your items that you are selling are on. It is a little click scroll down thing. It should say Sell Similar Item and you can click it on the side to bring down other options.

Sorry if this confuses you more. I am not good with words.

yeah this dude's got it. Click the little arrow next to "Sell similar" and a dropdown menu will appear.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    1. go to "all selling"
    2. in the side bar go to "more"
    3. in the first group of options you'll see "end my auction early".
    4. You'll have to cancel the current high bidders bid.

you don't have to cancel anything if the dude is gonna bid more. Of course the smart thing would be cancel all bids, cancel the auction, and sell it to him outside ebay. but he may not trust that.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    excellent.

thanks everybody for your replies. i appreciate the help.

they hide that shit from you, the bastards!