(1000: SHARESTRUT EDITION) audio video inside!

On_the_Red_ClayOn_the_Red_Clay 1,728 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hi Strut,what's good? I've decided to share a little bit of personal history to celebrate my 1000th post on here(rite of passage related) This is my first song[/b] The day i was born, my father went home from the hospital and painted the door to my new room w/ blackboard paint. When i came home for the very first time the lyrics to this song were covering the door from top to bottom. 27 years later i can say they rang pretty true! After a musical development which encompassed everything from Paul Simon (his first solo lp is one of my all-time faves) to Pantera and from The Tribe of Issachar (headz kwoweth thee deal) to the Last Poets, i stumbled across Soulstrut. Literally- i do not have a clue how i came here. All i know that it was in the time that i still smoked daily I will not wax poetic about all the things i've learnt and / or experienced while on the Strut; i'll keep it down to telling y'all that i came to this site thinking i had a lot of knowledge and that raerity mattered... i don't and it doesn't.a few shouts:Raj Mahal[/b] The creator has a masterplan.. but i think it was a little more compact than this sprawling monster Thanks!Drewn[/b] an easygoing strutter with "excellent taste" (i mean, if Faux says so it's the truth right?)Bambouche[/b] a true inspiration in many waysDiscobass[/b] i know you've registered- time to come out of the woodwork homie!3rdstream[/b] Holland to the Usa via West London and deep modal tonesThe Strut Itself[/b] As a media / communication scholar i was sceptical when i first read about online communities that actually work in a research paper a few years ago. This site has proven me very wrong![color:red]**BONUS**[/color] See Bill Evans performing a facemelting version of "Waltz for Debby" in hi-res (this is uploading right now and will be upped shortly) Proost!

Comments

• Congrats!

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

This dude will come through with the MP3's, good trades, music knowledge.

Much appreciated.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Congrats you cunt! Thanks for the records and papers. I'm about to make a mix for my 1k.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Props, W., and thanks for the shout!

We are glad to have you as a part of this board.

I will be checking back for that Bill Evans later, no doubt.

• Here's the Bill Evans

Yousendit kept throwing errors, so i had to use this. Scroll down to the bottom and select "free download" and it will work... enjoy!

• i love this guy

congrats and please stay for a long time

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    congrats on a grand my man!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "we believe in you
    soon you'll grow
    so take a chance with a couple of kooks"

beautiful words from a mom and dad to their newborn. also applicable to a soulstrut newbie!

now what's up with your avatar? big golf fan?

• now what's up with your avatar? big golf fan?

More like baby steps in learning to make animated .gif files...