Moving records - issue #2343889

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Ok, I know this gets discussed like once a freakin' week, but someone tell me something.I'm gonna have to move my entire collection to my new place very shortly. Just wanted to ask advice from anyone that's done this. Should I just get boxes? Y'all trust removalists to do this shit or do you transport the precious raers yourself?I don't want no foll dropping my placebo all over the place,

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I swiped several milk crates from Safeway and used those. Makes it easier but it's still a pain in the ass.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I swiped several milk crates from Safeway and used those. Makes it easier but it's still a pain in the ass.

Most milk crates have been changed to be smaller than 12" so records won't fit.

They got tired of having their crates swiped.

• Well you have to turn them sideways. not as many ft but trust me, after the 20th crate you'll be happy they aren't stuffed to the max. Fully flaxxed,

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I suggest forking out the money for uhaul boxes or the equivalent. Uhaul has a size that's absolutely perfect for records.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I suggest forking out the money for uhaul boxes or the equivalent. Uhaul has a size that's absolutely perfect for records.

i just moved 3 months ago, and i used these "small" moving boxes. perfect size for records. pack 'em tight and tape 'em up completely. all my lps were moved in said boxes in a non-a/c moving truck from north carolina to arizona in july, and they made it here without a scratch and without any bit of heat damage.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    professional removalists are pricey

your better to get a few crates and use them to move the collection
    I suggest trying to hire a mate for the day to help out, offer a hundy buck or something

• Options

....and they're cheap and good for a couple moves.

K.

• and if you buy too many, they'll buy the unused ones back. I think the small boxes hold a little over 100 pieces.

• Just moved last month...go to Target or Walmart or whatever kind of store of that nature where you are and buy the big tupperware bins with lids. They hold twice as much as the U-Hal boxes and are great for storing at the house. Moving a full one by yourself sucks but it beats making 3 trips with the small ones. They run about $5.00.

• Ok, I know this gets discussed like once a freakin' week, but someone tell me something.

I'm gonna have to move my entire collection to my new place very shortly. Just wanted to ask advice from anyone that's done this. Should I just get boxes? Y'all trust removalists to do this shit or do you transport the precious raers yourself?
    I don't want no foll dropping my placebo all over the place,