Africa Redux (SPAM RELATED)

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I've gotten about 15 of these in the past 3 minutes. Should I be worried about any sort of computer virus?
FROM AUDITOR FRANKLIN SMITHHEAD OF DEPARTMENTBANK OF SCOTLANDUNITED KINGDOMCONTACT ME : ATTNDEAR PARTNER,IN ORDER TO TRANSFER OUT ( FIFTEEN-MILLION POUNDS STERLINGS) FROMOUR BANK HERE IN LONDON. I HAVE THE COURAGE TO LOOK FOR A RELIABLEAND HONEST PERSON WHO WILL BE CAPABLE FOR THIS IMPORTANT BUSINESSTRANSACTION,BELIEVING THAT YOU WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN EITHER NOW ORIN FUTURE.THE OWNER OF THIS ACCOUNT IS MR JOHN HUGHES FOREIGNER AND THEMANAGER OF PETROL CHEMICAL SERVICE HERE IN LONDON,A CHEMICALENGINEER BY PROFFESSION AND HE DIED SINCE 1995.THE ACCOUNT HAS NOOTHER BENEFICIARY AND MY INVESTIGATION PROVED TO ME AS WELL THATHIS COMPANY DOES NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS ACCOUNT AND THEAMOUNT INVOLVED IS (15,000,000.00)POUNDS STERLINGS.I WANT TO TRANSFER THIS MONEY INTO A SAFE FOREIGN ACCOUNT ABROAD BUT I DON'T KNOW ANY FOREIGNER,I KNOW THAT THIS MESSAGE WILL COME TO YOU AS A SURPRISE AS WE DON'T KNOW OUR SELF BEFORE,BUT BE SURE THAT IT IS REAL AND A GENUINE BUSINESS.I BELIEVE IN GOD THAT YOU WILL NEVER LET ME DOWN IN THIS INVESTMENT.YOUR fULL CONTACT PHONE AND FAX NUMBER, NAME WILL BE NECESSARY FOR THIS EFFECT.HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU IMMEDIATELY.BEST REGARDS.MR FRANKLIN SMITH.

Comments

• Should I be worried about any sort of computer virus?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Should I be worried about any sort of computer virus?

My domain name?

3 more have arrived since last we spoketh.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• Hey can y'all see Jim Dandy in my post above or is it

"Fortunecity broken link" ?

Cause I'm seeing that schitt but mylatency says it's broken.

I never realized browzer differences could cause broken linx

for some dudes.

Anyway, AI, I have been getting a whole assload of those

Nigerian money-transfer e-mails in the last two weeks, they

have been breaking past the yahoo spam censor and everything,

showing up right on my goddamn doorstep.

If I knew a single thing about how this world wide web thing

works, I would offer a guess as to why? this? all the sudden?

But since I don't, I will just tell you:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.[/b]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "Cool."

• I've gotten about 15 of these in the past 3 minutes. Should I be worried about any sort of computer virus?

Probably not. Either they're sending you multiple copies of your email program isn't deleting it off the mail server and it keeps downloading the same email over and over. Still, a good virus scan won't hurt.

• Should I be worried about any sort of virus?

That depends.

Your boy,
    Africa Redux