Where can I get some washboard sounds?

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
This is my first post. I'm new to digging. I need some phat washboard sounds for a beat I"m making. Anyone know where I can get that downhome hillrod knuckly buckly bugle boy sound? I just go by the covers for now, but a place by me has so many washboard records, I can't tell which ones I like. Can you tell me which ones I like?

Comments

• I've got a dope jug and washboard braek. Secret squirells for days.

• I have a Washboard Wednesday 12" WITHOUT the famous washboard sound.
    See alot of people thought that was studio, but that was actualyl recorded live at a laundromat so I got this 12" where you can't hear the washing machines or the washboard. Just the dryer. It came in the

• Firt up, you need to get on the flo and get on them crunches, B.

Get them washboard abs poppin.

Then you get you a girl to rake your midsection with some thimbles
    and some chopsticks while your dude captors the whole thing on
    your answering machine tape. Wala : washboard sounds.

If that don't work, might I recommend live recordings of Black Oak.

• Thanks guys, but I've already tried all that. Can you give me a washboard record in the mail? its not that rare, and I never pay more than 1$ for a record, so for this one I'll pay you 1$ and shipping of 2$.

• In all seriousness...

The washboard breakdown on Black Oak Arkansas "When Electricty Came to Arkansas" is just plain wrong.

I'm probably the only person on this board that actually likes their first album and doesn't dismiss it as breakbeat fodder.

...there I said it. I feel better.

• anyone have the black oak arkansas record for me for 50 cents?

• anyone have the black oak arkansas record for me for 50 cents?

I got you...you want insurance.

Anyway, this reminds me of a story. It's on some REO Speedwagon heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend steez, but at this point I've just kind of made it true in my own mind...it's better that way.

This local band was on tour and they were doing a show in Arkansas; probably a stopover from point A to B just for free beer. They wrap it up and there's only a few people left sitting at the bar. The bartender and the band are exchanging pleasantries and during the course of this the bartnder points at guy at the end of the bar and says, "You know who that is?" Now picture said guy looking identical to the gentleman in the above picture and downing warm Wild Turkeys...but add about 30 years. He informs them that it's Jim Dandy Mangrum, lead singer of Black Oak Arkansas. I don't know about anyone else but I would've left well enough alone but one of the younger guys in the band decides he wants to poke the tiger in the cage.

Apparently he and Mr Dandy hit it off, proceed to get loaded, and decide to take off to a strip club. So they're enjoying themselves and the scenery and the whole time Jim Dandy's hitting this kid on the knee and pointing out one dancer in particular saying "You like her" and things to that effect. While commenting on her endowments he asks the kid if he "likes them t*tties." Local band guy gives an affirmative. Jim Dandy responds with, "I bought them t*tties; that's my daaawwghter."

• I'm probably the only person on this board that actually likes their first album and doesn't dismiss it as breakbeat fodder.

no you arent.

• I'm probably the only person on this board that actually likes their first album and doesn't dismiss it as breakbeat fodder.

no you arent.

And I'm number three. When electricity came to Arkansas, rock & roll came to you.

No sense in having a discussion about washboards without namechecking this man:

no you arent.

And I'm number three.

# 4 Four IIII on the floor.

Yeah, at least I think I like this record. I guess if all of you guys like it, then so do I. Please also tell me what other washboard records I like.

no you arent.

And I'm number three.

# 4 Four IIII on the floor.

Yeah, at least I think I like this record. I guess if all of you guys like it, then so do I. Please also tell me what other washboard records I like.

• Local band guy gives an affirmative. Jim Dandy responds with, "I bought them t*tties; that's my daaawwghter."

I gotta debunk that story...Jim's daughter is an acuaintance of mine...real titties, they arent big...if they are fake, she got ripped off.

pic of her: