"not a registered user" (eBay related)

Secret_ChimpSecret_Chimp 915 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Hey so what does it mean exactly if someone's an unregistered user?? There's this dude that has bid on a few of my auctions, but he's listed as unregistered. And now there's another potential bidder who's saying that he'd like to bid, but that it's not fair that an unregistered user (who's not supposed to be allowed to bid) has bumped up the price..The unregistered dude only has 1 negative feedback, and he's unregistered as of April 1st.What to do?

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I thought that was when people got kicked off. The only people I have seen that have had that happen have tons of negative feedback.

Also, can't people unregister their own accounts?

In any event I don't think they should be able to bid... not capable, that is.

• In any event I don't think they should be able to bid... not capable, that is.

That's what I thought.. weird.

• I thought that was when people got kicked off. The only people I have seen that have had that happen have tons of negative feedback.

Also, can't people unregister their own accounts?

In any event I don't think they should be able to bid... not capable, that is.

If you don't pay your seller fees they unregister you and you can't bid or sell. If you settle your account up, you become registered again.

Did the bidder become unregistered after placing the bid? Just cancel their bid on the auction.

SONIC

• he was bidding on it and in the meantime his account has been suspended. he can't bid anymore, but his prebay lock down bids still show up.

• eBay doesn't really offer any information on why/when a person becomes suspended. In fact, if you do a search for "not a registered user" in the help page, there are no real results that explain what it means at all.

I think I'm gonna ride it out. The guy has only 1 negative feedback and he's won a bunch of auctions recently.

• he was bidding on it and in the meantime his account has been suspended. he can't bid anymore, but his prebay lock down bids still show up.

So does that mean his bids are no good?

• well, if he wins, you can still conatct him and see if he wants the shit. but as a non-registered user, he's not under any obligation to buy it. may as well cancel him, and if he gets shit sorted out with ebay, he can always come back in and bid again.

So does that mean his bids are no good?

No good is receiving negative feedback.

If your item is interesting to more than one person,
    don??t risk to ruin your reputation through a "might be".

Negative feedback can cost you more than a few dollars in the future.

Good luck
    Seb