RED SOX. YANKEES. IT'S ON, BATCHES!!!

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I am not even a huge baseball fan, but I will be WATCHING this shit this weekend!!!

Comments

• I think I'm just going to crawl into a hole and die.

Seriously, I thought that after we (Sox) finally won it all last year that my father & I could finally go to our graves in peace.

And that may still hold true, but gotammit iffin this drama just couldn't get any more STRESSFULL!!!!

The baseball Gods are truly fucking with us.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Bucky Dent over the Green Monster '78

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I think I'm just going to crawl into a hole and die.

Seriously, I thought that after we (Sox) finally won it all last year that my father & I could finally go to our graves in peace.
    And that may still hold true, but gotammit iffin this drama just couldn't get any more STRESSFULL!!!!

whats going on? is it time for world series or playoffs?

Man I'm with you on that one. After the Sox won last year I told myself I wouldn't care what happened the following season but I am right in there and just as stressed, if not more, than last year. Last night I had my mom giving me the play by play on the phone because the game wasn't on TV out west.

Ortizzle for MVP!!!

DJ Ferrari

It's about the be the post season (Playoffs).

• well the odds are that the RED SOX have to SWEEP this weekend!!!and guess what,they dont have PEDRO MARTINEZ AND DEREK LOWE nomo

For Sawx fans this weekend is our World Series. Our pitching flat out stinks, so there's little realistic chance of us advancing if we make the post-season. (Whole different story if not for injuries to Schilling & Foulke - last year's difference makers). Once again it's all about the Yankees.

• what's up Paul? It's Amir. How u doing? Like u, I thought I could rest after last year, but damnit!! These red sox are killing me this year. I cannot even hold down any food today cause of what's coming tonite. I can't think straight right now at work. Shit is disgusting. I wish Schilling would put that bloody sock on again, and pitch the game of his life against those damn yanks!!!!!!! Seriously, the red sox and yanks is the real World Series. Everything after the red sox and yanks is so anti-climatic. anyway, give a brother a shout sometimes.
    peace,
    amir

• Fuck that. Baltimore is about to make the illest come back of all time

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    I am not even a huge baseball fan, but I will be WATCHING this shit this weekend!!!

it's all about this man. i am a huge sox and watch almost every game on the internet. basically, this dude has been the only consistant hitter in the two weeks the sox blew the 4 1/2 game lead they had on the yankees. in the last nights game, dude tied the game w/ a homer in the 7th and then won it with an rbi single in the 9th.

he's a yankee killer, a big game hitter, and he's hot right now. don't be suprised if he barely sees a strike all series!

tho, manny is finally heating up a bit, so that culd be ok, too... the rest of the team has to step up, or they're dead.

the best game is gonna be saturday: randy johnson vs. tim wakefield... rematch of the game two weeks ago that Johnson one 1-0! (giambi hit a homerun JUST over the wall and JUST fair...). they were like 7 hits in the whole game. and both Wake and the Unit have been pitching well... knuckleball vs. heat... awesome..

• Fuck that. Philly[/b] is about to make the illest come back of all time

Fuck that. Philly[/b] is about to make the illest come BACK of all time

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Fuck that. Philly[/b] is about to make the illest come BACK of all time

we need a perfection graemlin for schitt like that.ddamn!

• this will be an amazing series. i hope the sox can pull it off.

but, whatever the outcome is... neither one of those teams stands a chance against these arms:

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

Ortizzle for MVP!!!

seriously, he won the game last night.
    man, it would be nuts if a pincher got mvp.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I earnestly hope yankee's fans choke on it again this year.

• the best move Epstein ever made was sigining Ortiz. He was a guy with a lot of potential that hadn't panned out for Minnesota. We sign him and he explodes.

I hate it when Red Sox fans say that they were pleased that the sox finally won and they don't have to worry or care for the rest of their lives how they do aftewards. Fuck that! I want the sox to win every World Series until I die or I won't be happy.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    ----------

It's hard to have to force myself to root for the yankees this weekend. There's a first time for everything. As much as I would prefer to root for Boston, its just one big money team against another.

• the best move Epstein ever made was sigining Ortiz. He was a guy with a lot of potential that hadn't panned out for Minnesota. We sign him and he explodes.

I hate it when Red Sox fans say that they were pleased that the sox finally won and they don't have to worry or care for the rest of their lives how they do aftewards. Fuck that! I want the sox to win every World Series until I die or I won't be happy.

i think ortiz was pretty good in minnesota. not like he is for the red sox but i remember him being on my fantasy team and he was killin it cause no one else had heard of him.

i seriously hope the yankees lose and don't make the playoffs but i'm not expecting it.

i think the indians may make a run this year and win it all like the angels in 02 and marlins in 03, they seem to be pretty hot but anyway...

go angels!

i know they probably don't have a shot though...

this is the only time of the year where i get excited about baseball.

• seriously, he won the game last night.
    man, it would be nuts if a pincher got mvp.

Shit, if anything he should have gotten MVP last year instead of Manny.
    Ortiz came through in the clutch with game winning home runs to keep the Sox from getting eliminated. TWICE! Two days in a row.

• what's up Paul? It's Amir. How u doing?

What up!! Just saw your other DJ half rock up here at Vassar.
    Good shit.

Go Sox!!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Go sox. thats all i got to say.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Say hello to my nah so little fren........5-3 batches. One down, two more to go.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    i am a huge sox

i am a huge sox

i am a huge sox

i am a huge sox

i am a huge sox

• Looks like we're gonna take an L for game #2.
    Honestly, I can't see either the Sox or the Yanks going far in the post season, regardless of who wins here.
    Neither team has the pitching. And you won't get very deep in Oct. without it.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    Honestly, I can't see either the Sox or the Yanks going far in the post season, regardless of who wins here.

I gotta agree with you, but it's good to see my boys come back and take the AL East after that shaky start.

Looks like we're gonna take an L for game #2.

To some cats, this is the World Series.

• Looks like we're gonna take an L for game #2.

To some cats, this is the World Series.

• Last year mellowed me out some...I mean, it's really hard to work up the insane anti-NYY hatred one had all those years leading up to 2003. That said, today was a total bummer. I fucking can't stand these guys.

IMG SRC=http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/jeter0624.jpg>

IMG SRC=http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~hhsu/b612/arod-jeter.jpg>