Getting Hostyle (fucking rip-off merch. related)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Ok people,here's the story, Matthew langfear AKA Hostyle from the UK has stiffed me on two trade packages. He emailed me some months ago when i first posted some pics of trades on soulstrut. We arranged two trades, and i sent him two seperate packages on 4th and the 8th of February (in hindsight I should have followed my instincts and delayed the 2nd deal until the first package arrived).We are now in late April and still nothing has arrived. I emailed him a few times and at first I just thought it might have been delayed, but now i am sure he's stiffed me.1) he never seemed THAT worried that he supposedly never recieved my packages2) I deal regularly with UK people - during the same time frame I have sent at least 3 packages to the UK and recieved more, and with no problems at all. I mean really - what are the chances that BOTH the 2 packages I sent him AND the two packages he sent me have gone missing?3) Dude used to trade under the ebay name langfear1972 (as Guy Alcindor kindly informed me) and has recently changed his ebay name to humbugsneak. I wonder why he would do that.Dude has not replied to my recent emails demanding an explanation. I asked him to file forms at his post office to cvhecxk on the packages status - and bam, nothing. I have done that at my post office, and guess what? They came back saying the packages were delivered! I have had numerous trades with soulstrut people with NO problems at all. It disapoints me because I naively trusted this dude primarily because I met him through here. In hindsight I was definitely a bit quick to trust. No disrespect to soulstrut, but I guess we need to be careful about what we assume.So... fuck you Hostyle. People, don't trust this fool. he is a theif.

Comments

• i traded with dude some months back. everything was straight.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    "Ho-Style Ripoff Merchandise?"
    I thought this thread was going to be about buying swapmeet Louie.

Anyway - hope this Hostyle dude gets his shit straight for you Kinetic.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    I???ve dealt with him before and the goods came through.
    I think it was O-Dub who also had a problem with dude but shit got sorted.

• Clearly Matthew is threatened by the ebay handle revelation - he seems to have something to hide if he feels like he needs to change his handle immediately after having it uncovered here. I wouldn't trust him with a VG copy of Suzanne Vega.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Clearly Matthew is threatened by the ebay handle revelation - he seems to have something to hide if he feels like he needs to change his handle immediately after having it uncovered here. I wouldn't trust him with a VG copy of Suzanne Vega.

Indeed.

It's interesting to know that he has actually come through on other deals with strutters.

But yeah... send me my fucking records Matt, else I'll be calling people in the UK very soon to pay you a friendly visit.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Clearly Matthew is threatened by the ebay handle revelation - he seems to have something to hide if he feels like he needs to change his handle immediately after having it uncovered here. I wouldn't trust him with a VG copy of Suzanne Vega.

Indeed.

It's interesting to know that he has actually come through on other deals with strutters.

But yeah... send me my fucking records Matt, else I'll be calling people in the UK very soon to pay you a friendly visit.
    aww come on with the threats man.

dude has done other trades, you sure shit just didnt get lost in the mail?

i traded with a cat on here awhile back and never got my rackords, i didnt go calling him out, because really dude, the mail is a wacky thing. things get lost all the time.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Indeed.

aww come on with the threats man.

dude has done other trades, you sure shit just didnt get lost in the mail?

i traded with a cat on here awhile back and never got my rackords, i didnt go calling him out, because really dude, the mail is a wacky thing. things get lost all the time.

Are you serious? Have you read the story? Which is more likely?
    a) the post office messed up and the 2 seperate packes I sent didn't get delivered to him in the UK - AND - two separately sent packages that he supposedly sent me ALSO went missing, or
    b) the postoffice report i filed WAS accurate and this dude has received my packages and didn't even send me mine.

Why the hell else would he have changed his ebay ID within 24 hours of it being mentioend on here?

I'm fucking pissed!

• the mail is a wacky thing. I get lost all the time.

• Options
    mAil is a wacky thing, but it ain't that wacky. Dude's silence says mucho, IMO.

K.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    hostyle User dollarbincommon 04/25/05 02:44 PM Viewing list of forums

speak up