Geroge Russell

Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
any comments on his "electronic sonata for souls loved by nature" ?

Comments

• ?

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    G.R. got that Lydian Chromatic Concept Of Tonal Organization on lock. Don't know what the hell the foll is on about, but it sounds good. Esoteric improvisational whiplash w/ tape noodles and norwegian young bucks. I like. Perfect for candlelight dinners and family reunions.

But is it funky enough for Mr. Funk himself?
    Manfred Schoof - funky?
    Electronic pan-stylism - funky?

Follow the rainbow seeker???

• G.R. got that Lydian Chromatic Concept Of Tonal Organization on lock. Don't know what the hell the foll is on about, but it sounds good. Esoteric improvisational whiplash w/ tape noodles and norwegian young bucks. I like. Perfect for candlelight dinners and family reunions.

But is it funky enough for Mr. Funk himself?
    Manfred Schoof - funky?
    Electronic pan-stylism - funky?

Follow the rainbow seeker???

ah ah ah

I saw the man live 3 yeas ago .......he was funky.....

• Esoteric improvisational whiplash w/ tape noodles and norwegian young bucks.

Yeah, it's like Harmolodics without the garlic.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Listen to the Silence is quite good.

• any comments on his "electronic sonata for souls loved by nature" ?

GREAT album. I enjoy side long songs, but in this case it's one song over two sides. There's some incredible stuff going on, and it's not something you listen to on a regular basis. When you revisit the album, you hear new things each time (or at least I do). Not for jazz elitists who feel that European jazz isn't worthy.

• man I'm tellin you....... I saw this 79 years old guy in concert and at one point his big band stopped g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y- little by little in the middle of a funky (dissonant of course) piece and each player started to make some kind of movement with arms and legs to some big choreography effect !

• man I'm tellin you....... I saw this 79 years old guy in concert and at one point his big band stopped g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y- little by little in the middle of a funky (dissonant of course) piece and each player started to make some kind of movement with arms and legs to some big choreography effect !

He should put up cue cards, like John Zorn.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    man I'm tellin you....... I saw this 79 years old guy in concert and at one point his big band stopped g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y- little by little in the middle of a funky (dissonant of course) piece and each player started to make some kind of movement with arms and legs to some big choreography effect !

Freejazz poplocking. Sounds like my kind of show .