anyone checked WWW.D-NICE.COM?

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I am sure lots of you are already familiar with it..but in case you arent, check out http://www.d-nice.comhe has a nice little blog going on that a lot of you would enjoy.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Dope link! I never made that connection.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    to my mind, the majority of the blogs that have popped up from former hiphop a-listers have been quite weak... enter d-nice (to tha rescue): quality photographs and some above average writing... i check this one more frequently than most. nice site, nice.

• 20 years later... who's moms are those?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

20 years later... who's moms are those?

Some like Mc Boo...he's X-Rated

I like to think of myself as a pure rebel

a radial speaker on a musical level

It's really good to see him doing well cause rap doesn't have a retirement plan.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

"you brought the sandwiches, right?"

"cocaine is a hell of a drug!"

• August 12, 2005
    The Lord Of The Rings
    I received a call the other day from TJ Swan. Now, just in case you don't remember who Swan is, he's the guy that pretty much sang all of the choruses on the early Biz Markie records, including songs like "Make The Music" and "Nobody Beats The Biz". During our brief phone conversation we talked about old times when his crew, better known as the "Juice Crew", would crack jokes on my BDP crew.

Swan and Biz were always easy targets. I mean really, any "ugly" joke would pretty much kill Biz. Even after we would call him names like, "Biz Monkey", Biz would immediately respond with something hilarious. Back then, TJ Swan was known for always wearing a tight sear-sucker suit, with rubber bands around the pant legs, and a pair of black Bally shoes. I recall the time when we were all going at it and KRS-One referred to Swan's tight outfit as a "blood pressure suit". Swan would also wear at least 2 rings on each of his fingers. If you name a ring, he wore it, including name rings, brass knuckles, engagement rings, washers, and any other rings he could fit on his fingers. And he wore them all at the same time!

hahahahaha

Biz Monkey

• I see D-Nice quite often as he has been DJ'ing again very consistently in NYC for the last year or two. He can tear it up and is a genuine dude too.

A couple of months back D-nice and Q-tip were both at the same party and got on the mic and started doing each other's songs. That was a raer moment.

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    July 22, 2005
    A Lesson Learned From Big Daddy Kane

Around 5 years ago I was seriously contemplating a return to rapping. I had the feeling that the longer I was away from the music scene, people would eventually forget about my contributions to hip-hop. I sought the advice of my long time friend Big Daddy Kane and he had some serious reservations about me recording again. When I asked his opinion on the return of D-Nice, Kane's response was, "D, it's not a game out there. They don't respect old school artist the way they used to".[/b]

One of the things Kane said to me that still keeps me motivated was when he compared what he was doing to what I was doing. He said, "Man, you have your web development company and you no longer rely on hip-hop to eat. I rap because it's how I pay my bills. I can't get a job in McDonalds and have a kid telling me, Kane, let me get a burger and some fries, and no half steppin' with that either".

That was the reality check I needed.

REAL TALK.

• Dope link!

• Kane, let me get a burger and some fries, and no half steppin' with that either".

• Biz Markie and Big Daddy Kane freestyle from '87=

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    He can tear it up

that's debatable

• He can tear it up

that's debatable

ok, let's start the debate

1. he sounds good
    2. everyone is dancing

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts