Random Rap Info Help

The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone ever heard of this one? I couldn't find it on the internets. M.C. Sundance-America's Gonna Fall/Dance To The Groove, Incognito Records out of the Bronx. Produced by Jazzy Jay. Sneak a listen below:http://thewaxcrusade.com/sundance.wavAny info appreciated. Who was this guy? Did he become someone else? Do people know Jazzy Jay produced this obscure one? for random rap raer gem?Thanks in advancePeaceT.N.

Comments

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    I don't have much info for you, other than:

a) It usually goes for *roughly* $70 on eBay.
    b) TSL sell it for $35-45, if mint.
    c) It's a nice record.

I've got one on 'hold' somewhere, so when the funds are appropriate I'll hopefully own it.

• ^^ Track sounds fresh..

So funny... I know nothing on this one either. When I spoke to Jazzy Jay when he was last here, with Q-bert & J-Rocc on the Scratch tour, I asked him about some of the artists he worked with & it was so freakin' interesting. He either couldn't remember who i was talking about or had a story to tell on some of them, ie: Kid Seville, Royalty Ladies, Sir Ibu, Dynamite II, etc... I wish i had recorded it.

Maybe one day... He did work with a lot of these artists, him & Rocky Bucanno.
    I remember the Kid Seville one being amusing. He wasn't too chuffed when I brought his name up...
    He kept shaking his head in a downward manner looking annoyed, saying, 'Man that dude, that dude, aaw if I see that dude'.. Ha!

• I would assume that this is the same M.C. Sundance that was down with Zulu Nation (Cosmic Force?) back in the late 70's / early 80's era. Sundance was the mc rapping over the Jackson 5 "It's Great To Be Here" break on the Afrika Bambaataa "Death Mix" record.

• DWGDWG 334 Posts
    When I spoke to Jazzy Jay when he was last here, with Q-bert & J-Rocc on the Scratch tour, I asked him about some of the artists he worked with & it was so freakin' interesting. He either couldn't remember who i was talking about or had a story to tell on some of them, ie: Kid Seville, Royalty Ladies, Sir Ibu, Dynamite II, etc... I wish i had recorded it.

I remember Ivory's interview in Big Daddy magazine and he asked him about some of those dudes... like that Damn! Another Rap Group single ('Hold That Thought'?). Jazzy couldn't remember working on that one specifically, but the interview was great.

Well worth digging out.

• When I spoke to Jazzy Jay when he was last here, with Q-bert & J-Rocc on the Scratch tour, I asked him about some of the artists he worked with & it was so freakin' interesting. He either couldn't remember who i was talking about or had a story to tell on some of them, ie: Kid Seville, Royalty Ladies, Sir Ibu, Dynamite II, etc... I wish i had recorded it.

I remember Ivory's interview in Big Daddy magazine and he asked him about some of those dudes... like that Damn! Another Rap Group single ('Hold That Thought'?). Jazzy couldn't remember working on that one specifically, but the interview was great.

Well worth digging out.

Yeah, might be time to have another read of that interview & might as well re-read the Paul C article again.

I actually dig that DAMN 12". It's definitely original & unusual.

Man, I just pulled out No 4-9 of BD. Not in them... I'll keep looking for the others.
    Thanks for the reminder.