DeLay Screwed

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Best news I read all week. Now if we can just send this fucker straight to hell the world will be a better place.

September 28, 2005
DeLay Indicted in Texas Campaign Finance Probe
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 12:44 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A Texas grand jury on Wednesday charged Rep. Tom DeLay and two political associates with conspiracy in a campaign finance scheme, an indictment that could force him to step down as House majority leader.

DeLay attorney Steve Brittain said DeLay was accused of a criminal conspiracy along with two associates, John Colyandro, former executive director of a Texas political action committee formed by DeLay, and Jim Ellis, who heads DeLay's national political committee.

The indictment against the second-ranking, and most assertive Republican leader came on the final day of the grand jury's term. It followed earlier indictments of a state political action committee founded by DeLay and three of his political associates.

The grand jury action is expected to have immediate consequences in the House, where DeLay is largely responsible for winning passage of the Republican legislative program. House Republican Party rules require leaders who are indicted to temporarily step aside from their leadership posts.

However, DeLay retains his seat representing Texas' 22nd congressional district, suburbs southwest of Houston.

DeLay has denied committing any crime and accused the Democratic district attorney leading the investigation, Ronnie Earle, of pursuing the case for political motives.

Democrats have kept up a crescendo of criticism of DeLay's ethics, citing three times last year that the House ethics committee admonished DeLay for his conduct.

Earlier, DeLay attorney Bill White told reporters, ''It's a skunky indictment if they have one.''

As a sign of loyalty to DeLay after the grand jury returned indictments against three of his associates, House Republicans last November repealed a rule requiring any of their leaders to step aside if indicted. The rule was reinstituted in January after lawmakers returned to Washington from the holidays fearing the repeal might create a backlash from voters.

DeLay, 58, also is the center of an ethics swirl in Washington. The 11-term congressman was admonished last year by the House ethics committee on three separate issues and is the center of a political storm this year over lobbyists paying his and other lawmakers' tabs for expensive travel abroad.

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Yo I swear when I read this I thought it was gonna be some TomThumbsFunkWeapons12"raerchoppedandscrewed.

This is good, though.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    TomThumbsFunkWeapons12"raerchoppedandscrewed.

This is good, though.

me too

• Yo I swear when I read this I thought it was gonna be some TomThumbsFunkWeapons12"raerchoppedandscrewed.

This is good, though.
    HAHA! Yeah, I thought it was he was talking about him too...
    Side note, PFC England was convicted for her crimes yesterday (Abu Ghraib related). Seems like these folks are getting what they deserve.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Yo I swear when I read this I thought it was gonna be some TomThumbsFunkWeapons12"raerchoppedandscrewed.

This is good, though.

Side note, PFC England was convicted for her crimes yesterday (Abu Ghraib related). Seems like these folks are getting what they deserve.
    i'm certain she was ordered to do what she did

• Yo I swear when I read this I thought it was gonna be some TomThumbsFunkWeapons12"raerchoppedandscrewed.

This is good, though.

I don't know about that one. The way she looked in those pics looks like she was having way too much fun to be carrying out an order.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

This is good, though.

I don't know about that one. The way she looked in those pics looks like she was having way too much fun to be carrying out an order.

Yeah but she's falling on her sword and there will be no accountability for the higher ups because of her indictment. Shame.

• 3 soldiers, including 2 seargents, just went public saying the abuse was widespread and systemic. There will be more to come. Most republican congressmen are outraged by this shit too... just not the administration

• 3 soldiers, including 2 seargents, just went public saying the abuse was widespread and systemic. There will be more to come. Most republican congressmen are outraged by this shit too... just not the administration
    Do you have a link for this?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    next up, Bill Frist.

• next up, Bill Frist.

YESS!!!

and i was just thinking about this weasel the other day

Here you go:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/24/politics/24abuse.html

Oh and the third soldier is a Captain.

Here you go:

Thank you, sir

The plot thickens...

• The shit Delay and his cronies did was on some
    fucking ripping off native American tribes for millions.
    When I first heard the story I was astounded at how truly evil it was.

Here is a good link that sums up all of his behavior

http://slate.msn.com/id/2116392/?nav=navoa

Here you go:

All i know is My homie is on a transport back from the gulf right now. Gets in at 530PM eastern time. He said he has some plain fucked up stories to tell. Waiting to talk to him. Just glad he is on his way back.

This is good, though.

Yeah but she's falling on her sword and there will be no accountability for the higher ups because of her indictment. Shame.
    It truly is a shame. I just read the article that Paycheck linked and folks aren't happy. Hopefully, her superiors get burned for that nonsense.

Here you go:

All i know is My homie is on a transport back from the gulf right now. Gets in at 530PM eastern time. He said he has some plain fucked up stories to tell. Waiting to talk to him. Just glad he is on his way back.
    Glad to hear that. And yes, there is some BULLSHIT going on over there.

• Poor Tom DeLay

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    3 soldiers, including 2 seargents, just went public saying the abuse was widespread and systemic. There will be more to come. Most republican congressmen are outraged by this shit too... just not the administration

Whatever happened to the guy who punched that prisoner in the chest and gave him a heart attack (?)?. I remember hearing something along those lines by someone with a somewhat high rank.

Whatever happened to the guy who punched that prisoner in the chest and gave him a heart attack (?)?. I remember hearing something along those lines by someone with a somewhat high rank.

Nah that was Freddie Foxxx

• Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...