stupid question (cdj combined with rane ttm56)

alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
i've decided to get 2 cdj 800s...now something im clueless about is do cdjs used different inputs in a mixer vs analogue turntables? because arent cdjs like a digital signal so they have to go in line level inputs or something? sorry if im asking a stupid question.would cdjs go good with the rane ttm56? and can i use a drum machine simultaneously with the cdjs if i got the ttm56? thanks

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    i've decided to get 2 cdj 800s...

now something im clueless about is do cdjs used different inputs in a mixer vs analogue turntables?
    No
    because arent cdjs like a digital signal so they have to go in line level inputs or something?
    Well yes.. they use the same jack but its a different signal. Most mixers (if not all) let you choose between line or phono. Line for CDs; Phono for turntables.

sorry if im asking a stupid question.
    I dont mind

would cdjs go good with the rane ttm56?
    Yes
    and can i use a drum machine simultaneously with the cdjs if i got the ttm56?
    Yes

thanks
    NP

look

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

now something im clueless about is do cdjs used different inputs in a mixer vs analogue turntables?
    No
    because arent cdjs like a digital signal so they have to go in line level inputs or something?
    Well yes.. they use the same jack but its a different signal. Most mixers (if not all) let you choose between line or phono. Line for CDs; Phono for turntables.

I dont mind

Yes
    Yes

thanks
    NP

Thanks for the info homie

NP

Its just that I'm new to this sheit

NP...

So "Tabasko" huh...I'm kind more down with wasabi...what made u choose tabasko?

What is this 20 questions?

And what's with the mispelling of your name, did someone else snatch that name with correct spelling?

No dawg, this is a hip hop site in case if you forgot, why aren't you alien indian instead of alieNDN?

Touche dawg, thanks again for the info

Word

No

I dont mind

Yes
    Yes

thanks
    NP

Thanks for the info homie

No Problemo[/b]

Its just that I'm new to this sheit

No problemo again. [/b]

So "Tabasko" huh...I'm kind more down with wasabi...what made u choose tabasko?

My name is Bas.. so I kinda took it from there.
    [/b]

What is this 20 questions?

yeah, what with this 20 questions!!![/b]

And what's with the mispelling of your name, did someone else snatch that name with correct spelling?

cause K looks better then C[/b]

No dawg, this is a hip hop site in case if you forgot, why aren't you alien indian instead of alieNDN?

yeah, why arent you? [/b]

Touche dawg, thanks again for the info

Word

why not go the serato way holmes?

oh, because i dont have traditional turntables...

i was looking at the cdx for a while but heard many horrible stories at their forum...and since i dont have experience mixing with vinyl anyways, it wont be like i'm missing it when i go straight into non moving platters.

• oh, because i dont have traditional turntables...

i was looking at the cdx for a while but heard many horrible stories at their forum...and since i dont have experience mixing with vinyl anyways, it wont be like i'm missing it when i go straight into non moving platters.

Actually, Serato comes with both vinyl and CDs for controlling the software. So you can use both with it.

just the faqs ma'am

Actually, Serato comes with both vinyl and CDs for controlling the software. So you can use both with it.

just the faqs ma'am

wait im confused, serato comes with some sort of cdj interface with your computer? can i get a jpg of what that looks like? i'm not understanding that right, im sure.

just the faqs ma'am

wait im confused, serato comes with some sort of cdj interface with your computer? can i get a jpg of what that looks like? i'm not understanding that right, im sure.

you can control your files on your laptop with eihter the turntables or the cdj's.

oh...but whats the point of serato if u already have cdjs??

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    oh...but whats the point of serato if u already have cdjs??
    Because you can control all your mp3s through either your turntables or CDJs-->you don't have to carry a bunch of vinyl/CDs or waste a bunch od CDs burning a gig CD...all you have to have is the Super Special Serato CD/record.

I just got Serato and now I wanna dump my CDJ. True the CDJ has loop functions, but I love the way vinyl feels and therefore would like to be able have my analog feel with digital convenience...Serato offers all that...