baltimore club sucks

ayoayo 44 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
People talk about reggaeton having the same beats which it does, but at least some of those songs are fun and have some redeeming value. i always like watching latina's shake that ass, the hooks can be catchy, and some of the mc's have great stage presence and provide entertainment. Bmore club beats always sound the same, most of the remixes and re-edits are corny and i just think its garbage.

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "no no no. You're going the wrong way. When you came to that intersection back there, you made a LEFT into negative town. You should have gone RIGHT into smileanddealwithitville."

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    whats a baltimore club beat sound like? and you like reggaeton music or you dont?

are you asking a question or just making a statement?

damn im fucking confused... i gotta go.

• Bmore club beats always sound the same, most of the remixes and re-edits are corny and i just think its garbage.

eh. your loss.

• You know what is beyond bad is the new Twista song featuring Trey Songz and he says "When I touch her, she like" and then Trey comes in and makes a moaning sound. If this was a Club song, though, it would be a lot better.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

just wait till you hear that baltimoreton. it'll knock your socks off.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    You know what is beyond bad is the new Twista song featuring Trey Songz and he says "When I touch her, she like" and then Trey comes in and makes a moaning sound. If this was a Club song, though, it would be a lot better.

maybe youre too young... but dont be mean to those RFTW lyrics... ill come out there and hurt you.

• i'm not up on too much bmore club stuff, but i really dig what i've heard so far (in the right setting of course).

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    whats a baltimore club beat sound like?

Loop up the Gaz "Sing Sing" break then speed it up. Play a keyboard bass line over it. Then have a guy say someting like "She got a big ol' ass" over and over again. Then have a girl's voice say "I got big titties too" over and over again. That is most Bmore club records.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Loop up the Gaz "Sing Sing" break then speed it up. Play a keyboard bass line over it. Then have a guy say someting like "She got a big ol' ass" over and over again. Then have a girl's voice say "I got big titties too" over and over again. That is most Bmore club records.

this is a perfect record.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

this is a perfect record.

Dibs! I will be producing this record soon.

• You know what is beyond bad is the new Twista song featuring Trey Songz and he says "When I touch her, she like" and then Trey comes in and makes a moaning sound. If this was a Club song, though, it would be a lot better.

maybe youre too young... but dont be mean to those RFTW lyrics... ill come out there and hurt you.

That shit was around when I was like three, probably. Jinx, if you hear that Twista shit and like it we can fight that's cool

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Baltimore club music is the most energetic music I've ever heard in my life. If you hear that shit in the club and aren't wilin' out, there's something wrong with you... not the music.

-e

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i used to hate on this stuff, too. but, there are some DOPE tracks out there. the tracks that are just a 2 bar hip hop loop for 5 minutes i'm not into. but they have some "EVERYONE IN THE CLUB! PEOPLE WHERE YOU AT?!?" crunk-style joints with dudes yelling that are pretty fucking awesome, like crunk at a double time BPM.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    You know what is beyond bad is the new Twista song featuring Trey Songz and he says "When I touch her, she like" and then Trey comes in and makes a moaning sound. If this was a Club song, though, it would be a lot better.

Hasn't Twista had like three weak ballad singles in a row now??? I don't know man, he just pisses me off and annoys me now... I can't take any more of that shit

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Bmore club beats always sound the same, most of the remixes and re-edits are corny and i just think its garbage.

eh. your loss.

Basically.

Never before has music been simulataneously so gay and so thugged-out. It's like heaven for me.

Never before has music been simulataneously so gay and so thugged-out. It's like heaven for me.

RADD

this statement reminds me of this documentary:

http://www.homeboyfilms.com/ (SFW)

Ex Latino LA gang memebers who came out of the closet.

• how long has this genre been around? The wife is from B-more but she was in the punk scene so she's not to familiar w/ this stuff. Do they call it "Baltimore Club" in Baltimore? Where would be the best clubs to check it out at next time I'm back there. Are they all full of Jersy look alike doods and fake titties and do they all have lame dress codes or are there any spots I can slink in w/ saucony's and a hat on?

how long has this genre been around? The wife is from B-more but she was in the punk scene so she's not to familiar w/ this stuff. Do they call it "Baltimore Club" in Baltimore? Where would be the best clubs to check it out at next time I'm back there. Are they all full of Jersy look alike doods and fake titties and do they all have lame dress codes or are there any spots I can slink in w/ saucony's and a hat on?

LOL... check out this article dude:

http://www.citypaper.com/bob/story.asp?id=10833

Theres another one w/a pic of schnipper too isn't there?

I remembered about this article, Google revealed Catchdubs blogged it, jeah!

"Why Baltimore House Music Is The New Dylan

Scott Seward"

http://www.postroadmag.com/Issue_3/Criticism3/SewardCritic.htm

And dude's website:

http://skotrok.blogspot.com/

• whats a baltimore club beat sound like?

u forgot to add the james brown/lyn collins "THINK" drums..with the sing sing.

i used to HATE B-More club (KNUCKLEHEAD....for those who don't know). but since i am from here..it grew on me (because that is ALL they play for the most part in the clubs down here)...grew on me enough to the point where i made some joints up myself (between 1997 and 2000...wax musicians..SWITCH...JUMP UP AND DOWN...CLAP YOUR HANDS...etc). and definitely...in the right setting (THE CLUB...."WE EAT IN THE CLUB.....WE DIE IN THE CLUB".......etc)...the shit is bananas.

but here is a older club cut...

dj patrick w/booman holla back remix from about 1999 or so...

this is only a small file..but it will give you the gist of what knuckle is. other than that..check out dj technics site at http://baltimoreclubtracks.com

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    how long has this genre been around? The wife is from B-more but she was in the punk scene so she's not to familiar w/ this stuff. Do they call it "Baltimore Club" in Baltimore? Where would be the best clubs to check it out at next time I'm back there. Are they all full of Jersy look alike doods and fake titties and do they all have lame dress codes or are there any spots I can slink in w/ saucony's and a hat on?

In Baltimore it's just called "club music."

-e

• cool. dress codes? guidos? what are the spots?

cool. dress codes? guidos? what are the spots?

plaese to check out the links above... I don't think it could really be any more casual than it is...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Soooooooo,

it's drum and bass?

• ok casualness asertained but still no info on
    what are the spots?
    come on Baltimorons where's good?

ok casualness asertained but still no info on
    what are the spots?
    come on Baltimorons where's good?

Go to Choices, Hammerjacks, or almost any after-hours hipster party if you want to play it safe.

• am i just trippin or did Cosmo not post up a dope article on B-T-More Club being the new Dylan.

Great article Cosmo. Props.

• It's good mix fodder, but I really couldn't stand a whole set of it.
    "Watch out for the big girl" always makes me laugh though

• thanks! next time I'm back there I will try and check out the "scene".

It's good mix fodder, but I really couldn't stand a whole set of it.
    "Watch out for the big girl" always makes me laugh though

Once you mix into it in B-more, though, it is damn hard to mix out of. The crowd be throwing things and shit.