List MCs DJs first appearances on vinyl...

idiotproofidiotproof 880 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I don't recall the EGO TRIP book doing this list...I am just curious as to when some artists actually started.Now I could be wrong with some of mine, so correct me.Like Organised Konfusion were called Simply too Positive & put out a cassette in 89(?), which I had a copy of 10 years ago but has been lost. The only track I can remember is ???International Arrival???. But maybe it'd be better to list the notable 1st appearances of certain people on vinyl only.I'll start it off.DJ Jazzy Jeff/B> CAZAL BOYS - Snatchin Cazals TEMPRE 85B>Pete Rock/B> E.D. MATH ??? Behind the Bars CHERYL 86?B>Donald D/B> The B-BOYS - Girls VINTERTAINMENT 85B>Rahzel/B> MIKEY D ??? I Get Rough/Get Into it PUBLIC 88B>Krs-One/B> SCOTT LA ROCK & The CELEBRITY THREE ??? Advance (was it actually released on vinyl before the ???Man & his Music' comp?) or was it 12:41 - Success is the Word FRESH 85B>Mikey D/B> The SYMBOLIC THREE ft Dr SHOCK ??? We???re Treacherous REALITY 85 (his unreleased album from his Sleeping Bag era was supposed to come out this year??)B>Diamond D/B> ULTIMATE FORCE ??? I???m Not Playing STRONG CITY 86B>Naughty By Nature/B> The NEW STYLE ??? Independent Leaders MCA 89B>RA The Rugged Man /B> CRUSTIFIED DIBBS ??? Bloodshed Hua Hoo. JIVE 94B>Madd Rapper aka D.O.P./B> TWO KINGS IN A CIPHER ??? Definition of a King. BAHIA 91And was Funkmaster Flex in the crew Deuce Two on Enjoy or was it someone else?

Comments

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Dueces Wild or sumthing ?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Rodney O and Marquis (of 2 Live Crew)

were originally

Caution Krew

they had a 7" out called "West Side Storie"

I am currently looking for this record.

• Thanks man. The Caution Crew 'Rhythm Rock' Galleon Records. Is that one any good?

Hmm, I didn't know that. Cheers.

Anyone else....? No-one knows...?

• And was Funkmaster Flex in the crew Deuce Two on Enjoy or was it someone else?

It is Deuces Wild, which also featured Nine. I think it was his debut also. They had a single, "Five Times the Rhymer" b/w "Deuces Is Def," which came out on a local NYC label and then got picked up by Sutra.

Anther rap debut under a different name: Y'all So Stupid > Mass Influence

• More:

Harlem World Crew > Dr. Jeckyl & Mr. Hyde
    Disco 3 > Fat Boys
    Fresh Force > Kid n' Play
    Supreme Force > Freddie Foxxx
    Keefy Keef > Keith Murray

I'm spacing on Jay-Z's debut, but it was on an 86/87 posse cut that's not very good.

• That's it my man.. Perfect. All that Sutra stuff as well...
    Ooh, Supreme Force on NIA Records. Sounds familiar..

Ice Cube[/b] STEREO CREW - She's A Skag EPIC 88
    The D.O.C.[/b] FILA FRESH CREW - Tuffest Man Alive

Thanks Guys.

Just wanted to compile a list for a future issue of our mag.

Ice Cube[/b] STEREO CREW - She's A Skag EPIC 88

was that before C.I.A "My Posse"?

I have that 12" it's Ice Cube and a couple other guys

ok just checked it was Ice Cube, Sir Jinx and Kid Dee....who was Kid Dee? anyone know?

• ^^ Yeah the Stereo Crew came out well before C.I.A. So might have been 86 or 87... I have it here somewhere.
    Was strange because it was on major label Epic.
    Which also released a GRANDMIXER DST record, "Rock the House in Japan" which was 86.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    B>RA The Rugged Man
    /B> CRUSTIFIED DIBBS ???
    Bloodshed Hua Hsu.[/b] JIVE 94

• is that a joke or did RA call Hua out on wax? I never heard that one...

couple obvious ones...

Rza as Prince Rakeem - tommy boy 12" We Love You Rakeem (he was even talking about Wu on the b-side, Deadly Venoms)

Gza as The Genius

Grand Puba in Masters of Ceremony (was that his FIRST appearance?)

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    PhD > Blaq Poet > Poet

• B>Naughty By Nature
    /B> The NEW STYLE ??? Independent Leaders MCA 89

A kid from my neighborhood had this CD.

They were dressed like a Barbershop Quartet or something.

Nahhh I don't think that's it that he had... it was a group pic and they all more looked like Vin does above.

• Puba? M.O.C. -' Crime' 12" came out in 85 on M-Low. So I reckon so.
    I love their 'Dynamite' LP. Good to see it fis inally getting a release on CD next month, with an unreleased track, 'Hard Core'. Gotta give props to Traffic for releasing this gold again. They just sent me the Pharcyde instro CDs. And I had Just-Ice & Phanjam. I think they will be doing UBBs on CD as well.

Puba did a heap of stuff with the First Priority label as did Daddy O & DBC. But that was all 86 & later.

DJ Muggs[/b] 7A3 - Partytime/Why?. I think came out before the Colors sndtk track, 'Mad mad mad World". (He wasn't on their 1st single, 'We Will rock You')

Puba? M.O.C. -' Crime' 12" came out in 85 on M-Low. So I reckon so.
    I love their 'Dynamite' LP. Good to see it fis inally getting a release on CD next month, with an unreleased track, 'Hard Core'. Gotta give props to Traffic for releasing this gold again. They just sent me the Pharcyde instro CDs. And I had Just-Ice & Phanjam. I think they will be doing UBBs on CD as well.

Puba did a heap of stuff with the First Priority label as did Daddy O & DBC. But that was all 86 & later.

DJ Muggs[/b] 7A3 - Partytime/Why?. I think came out before the Colors sndtk track, 'Mad mad mad World". (He wasn't on their 1st single, 'We Will rock You')

That Why? 12" is pretty hard to find...that instrumental is

• ^^^ It has a wicked cover. And dope 808 beats. I'm so glad I bought this stuff when it came out.
    Trying to fill the gaps with the good shit now is a nightmare.

Was the Phelon (one of the 7A3 brothers) track on 'The Next Chapter' comp (Dilated's First appearance) the last thing they ever did?

Btw, what was the name of Dilated People before Babu joined?

^^^ It has a wicked cover. And dope 808 beats. I'm so glad I bought this stuff when it came out.
    Trying to fill the gaps with the good shit now is a nightmare.

Was the Phelon (one of the 7A3 brothers) track on 'The Next Chapter' comp (Dilated's First appearance) the last thing they ever did?

Btw, what was the name of Dilated People before Babu joined?

last thing I know of...that's a pretty good comp btw. I was all excited cause it was on colored vinyl...I'm a sucker for colored vinyl. haha

• Grand Puba in Masters of Ceremony (was that his FIRST appearance?)
    I thought that was Brand Nubian's first appearance. ??

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    B>Naughty By Nature
    /B> The NEW STYLE ??? Independent Leaders MCA 89

A kid from my neighborhood had this CD.

They were dressed like a Barbershop Quartet or something.

Nahhh I don't think that's it that he had... it was a group pic and they all more looked like Vin does above.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

SCUFFIN THOSE KNEES!

I always hated that title.

The tracks arent bad though.