Sacramento digging...

jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
too lazy to look at old posts for the answer... making a run up around sacramento today and was seeking advice from kids in the area or jon/reynaldo who i believe goes up there a lot. any decent spots to dig while im up there? thanks!

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    too lazy to look at old posts for the answer...

making a run up around sacramento today and was seeking advice from kids in the area or jon/reynaldo who i believe goes up there a lot.

any decent spots to dig while im up there?

thanks!

Son, i got sactown on lock.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

maybe im just tired of all the josh jokes but is this something you really believe? what about the rest of you... do yall think that josh is on some all day-everyday super digging mission to steal away all the leftover records?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    too lazy to look at old posts for the answer...

making a run up around sacramento today and was seeking advice from kids in the area or jon/reynaldo who i believe goes up there a lot.

any decent spots to dig while im up there?

thanks!

I found great stuff at the spot up by all the restaurants, just outside of the downtown area, is it The Beat? I forgot the name(had good luck downtown too)....just look all the way in the back of the store, forget their "collector" section of high priced common records, all the collectible shit is in the back, priced at $3-$7!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    sactown

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    You'll definitely want to spend a lot of time at Records (710 K St.). Lots of stuff there.

You'll definitely want to spend a lot of time at Records (710 K St.). Lots of stuff there.

yeah i guess... ima hit the Beat if theres time but k st. is kinda wack to me if i cant get in the basement again... im sure kids are still pulling shit off the floor but if im going there i want basement access. thanks though!

• yeah i guess... ima hit the Beat if theres time but k st. is kinda wack to me if i cant get in the basement again...[/b] im sure kids are still pulling shit off the floor but if im going there i want basement access. thanks though!

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Their prices are soo ridiculous though...I don't think they know a dern thing sometimes...

Their prices are soo ridiculous though...I don't think they know a dern thing sometimes...

the old man was cool but the son, well, yeah... hes okay too i guess.

gnat: i wanna see what kinda shit youre holding one day. you should holler at me or come by the next show i have at my house... RECORD SALE!!! first weekend in october. me, PRo (josh b), Om (nathan), ODub (oliver), and KingMost (patrick) are all going to have boxes set up... anyway... you seem to know the deal out here...

yeah i guess... ima hit the Beat if theres time but k st. is kinda wack to me if i cant get in the basement again...[/b] im sure kids are still pulling shit off the floor but if im going there i want basement access. thanks though!

im just a record whore dude with no real profession... i can get into your moms panties if there were records in there... off to interview dorando.

peace.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    sactown

DAMN! well played.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

maybe im just tired of all the josh jokes but is this something you really believe? what about the rest of you... do yall think that josh is on some all day-everyday super digging mission to steal away all the leftover records?

I never make Josh slams. I really know nothing about his music. However, I am aware that he is a noted "super-digger" from the Sac-Davis area. Hence, my silly play at being funny. Carry on.

BTW my sactown ref was also in serious gest. I have no idea what ballers be calling Schwarzenneger's hometown.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    sactown ballers

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    yeah i guess... ima hit the Beat if theres time but k st. is kinda wack to me if i cant get in the basement again...[/b] im sure kids are still pulling shit off the floor but if im going there i want basement access. thanks though!

im just a record whore dude with no real profession... i can get into your moms panties if there were records in there... off to interview dorando.

peace.

------ thanks and

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I think Richard Simmons has a 7 inch in his speedos-maybe Jinx can go look since he can get into anything! LMAO.....................

• i currently reside in Davis (no Josh-o) and I can tell you Sacramento is variously referred to as "Sacto," "Sactown," or, most often, "Sac."

I know, I too was sorta shocked at first that a self-respecting Sacramento native would refer to their own town as "sac, but there you have it.

• BTW the real "basement digging" in this area goes on in the basement of Freeborn Hall.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts

the old man was cool but the son, well, yeah... hes okay too i guess.

gnat: i wanna see what kinda shit youre holding one day. you should holler at me or come by the next show i have at my house... RECORD SALE!!! first weekend in october. me, PRo (josh b), Om (nathan), ODub (oliver), and KingMost (patrick) are all going to have boxes set up... anyway... you seem to know the deal out here...
    I might (kind of) talk a good game, but I really am a little dude. I only started collecting three years ago. Mostly I collect for mixing purposes and therefore don't try to hit expensive raers...I really look at records as tools versus collectibles...my man jaybreezie is who you need to see as far as vinyl archeology is concerned...I do wanna come see your sale though...

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    i currently reside in Davis (no Josh-o) and I can tell you Sacramento is variously referred to as "Sacto," "Sactown," or, most often, "Sac."

I know, I too was sorta shocked at first that a self-respecting Sacramento native would refer to their own town as "sac, but there you have it.
    I was born and raised in the Josh Mecca, a.k.a. Davis...where you at buddy? Near the Food Co-op, North Davis? Near the market place? Near the University Mall? Do you like Sophia's? I used to work there...gotta say that the Bay is much better...I like Davis, but I friggin love the Bay.

PS I never thought that Sac=testicles...I always thought it was cool to say "Sacto". Now I think of balls when I refer to the major metropolitan center closest to my home-town. Thanks guys...you rule!

• the old man was cool but the son, well, yeah... hes okay too i guess.

Tell us more about this record sale you speak of.

I think Richard Simmons has a 7 inch in his speedos-maybe Jinx can go look since he can get into anything! LMAO.....................

yeah i already played with that 7incher... though when i was down there i saw that you had already tattoed your name there a few years earlier... didnt stick around since i knew you already had handled dudes 7.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    "yeah i already played with that 7 incher"

you said it all right there homie........ I was never there so, your sadly

mistaken. must of been someone else! Lmao.

• I was born and raised in the Josh Mecca, a.k.a. Davis...where you at buddy? Near the Food Co-op, North Davis? Near the market place? Near the University Mall? Do you like Sophia's? I used to work there...gotta say that the Bay is much better...I like Davis, but I friggin love the Bay.

REDRUM
    REDRUM
    REDRUM
    REDRUM
    REDRUM

I can't drive by without stopping, for the shakes alone.

• cue the rosshogg murdererrrrr graemlin in reverse.

• i currently reside in Davis (no Josh-o) and I can tell you Sacramento is variously referred to as "Sacto," "Sactown," or, most often, "Sac."

I was born and raised in the Josh Mecca, a.k.a. Davis...where you at buddy? Near the Food Co-op, North Davis? Near the market place? Near the University Mall? Do you like Sophia's? I used to work there...gotta say that the Bay is much better...I like Davis, but I friggin love the Bay.

PS I never thought that Sac=testicles...I always thought it was cool to say "Sacto". Now I think of balls when I refer to the major metropolitan center closest to my home-town. Thanks guys...you rule!

hey you grew up here and now live in the bay? i grew up in the bay and now live here!

for real i am only here for a short time doing school. i stay right by the hippie co-op, on 9th and B streets.