Who Was the FIRST Person to Sample ZAPPA?

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Was it: ???

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    that avatar makes me wanna read Alan Moore comics

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Sorry to de-rail, that shit just looks bugged out to me.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    oh, it was de-railed from Jump Street.

• JUDJUD 82 Posts
    Madkap?

Edit: I'm sticking with Madkap, their "Phuck What you Heard" single dropped in 1992 with the Little Umbrellas sample. The first time I found Madkap's album, I was surprised to have the store owner going all crazy about it, but he turned out to have been a Frank Zappa completist who bought the record because of the sample.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    hahahaha

maybe if we keep bumping it someone will chime in

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    the dustbrothers perhaps???beasties second one could easily have had some zappa in there somewhere
    probably hasnt though....

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    maybe this guy

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I need that madkap album.

All i've ever owned was a "proof is in the pudding" cassingle with thier militant jammy as the b-side.

Come to think of it, is it undercutting your message to have to wear gimmicky stocking caps and all types of wacky head dress whilst reppin' your call to the streets like a true "souljah".

Still, I need that album.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Madkap?

Edit: I'm sticking with Madkap, their "Phuck What you Heard" single dropped in 1992 with the Little Umbrellas sample. The first time I found Madkap's album, I was surprised to have the store owner going all crazy about it, but he turned out to have been a Frank Zappa completist who bought the record because of the sample.

yeah, that is before shadow. and before the Black moon "act like you want it"

• i'm willing to bet it was Zappa himself. no joke.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i'm willing to bet it was Zappa himself. no joke.

that may actually be pretty on point.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    if it aint too much of a prob can y'all list ANY tunes that sampled zappa, period? thnks!

i think prince paul should...but back to the topic

• if it aint too much of a prob can y'all list ANY tunes that sampled zappa, period? thnks!

Paul is too busy organizing that Bob James remix project I just read about.

• if it aint too much of a prob can y'all list ANY tunes that sampled zappa, period? thnks!

Paul is too busy organizing that Bob James remix project I just read about.

What?!?!?!? This does not need to happen b/w how can i be down.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    ya details

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Madkap?

i was gonna say "phuck what ya heard," too.

on some unrelated shit, "Da Whole Kit and Kaboodle" is straight-up FIE-YAHHH.