Longest time you didn't buy a record

LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Just checking... for me that would have been 2 1/2 months, three week holiday included.

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    9 weeks. Vacation.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    16 years, until i started buying records 2 years ago

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I don't think that response was in the spirit of the question.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    sorry master

sike

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    2 weeks tops.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    8 years = college time + and the time I got the CD bug and got rid of almost all my vinyl shit.

Peace

• Either the week I spent hiking in the Grand Canyon or the seven days I spent lounging around Moorea (Tahiti).

• 15 minutes.

gotta run...

• right now actually..several months and counting. being broke and TOTALLY unfocused aint no fun

• i think the longest i've gone without buying any record anywhere (internet or in person) has been 3 weeks (that was in 98 when i was on vacation). i have gone a few months without buying anything in a store though. that was a couple years ago.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

From 95-99 cause hip hop was in a coma - she recovered nicely, tho & we're happy today, thanks.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    couple months...mabye. actually probably more like a month.

But I stay downloading shit on those off days. Mine is more of an addiction to music I havent heard before than it is an addiction to wax.

• Three weeks...

• about two months while I was looking for work and I was poor as fuck

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I can't think of the last time I went more than a week. It might even be years. Ouch. I'm a little embarassed about that.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I went from about 1999 to 2001 without buying records. I just got sick of it. But, since then, I cannot recall a week that has gone buy without buying records.

• Im actually on my longest streak in about 3 years right now. I havent purchased vinyl, havent gone to any fleas, havent ebay'd shit in about 3 months. and actually im liking it. I rip about 3-5 records a week to mp3 and I have plenty of shit to listen to. I found other ways to sample music for beats and my pockets are loving it. Some times I contemplate just ebaying half the shit I got anyhow. With final scratch, Reason 3.0 and the arturia arp Im really set. and my pockets are thanking me for it. damn i thought someone was going to bring bagels and coffee to this vinyl buyer anonymous meeting.

• Its been a while for me. I'm in a definite dry spell. dont really feel like hitting the swap meet, and although i went to the record store yesterday i didn't find anything worth buying.

Like b-sides, I've been making up for it with soulseek, but the bad thing about that is that i hear all this hot shit and it makes me want more records.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Four months from September to December 2004. Bought a house, girlfriend and kid moved in, was scrapping the bottom of the barrell to pay all the bills, plus I had so many recoreds that I hadn't listened to yet I thought a break wouldn't be a bad thing. Well, I still own a house, girlfriend and kid still live with me, and have about 150 records I haven't listened to, some as old as 2 years or maybe even more. I just realized that vinyl is like crack and I'm addicted.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    four or five months last year when i was unemployed although i do remember using an unemployment check for records and alcohol one time.

• i went for a whole year. 2002 no buys in 02 but i did sell alot. peace, stein. . .

• before i started this job in feb, i was freelancing design work for about 18 months, and towards the end i can remember having to put $1 records back because i was on a $6 budget for total spending that week (outside living expenses).

On the flip side, i was alot more resourceful with where/how thoroughly i dug.

But in those days i went maybe a month?

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    4 hours! I'm not joking either.