Damn...

DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I don't know weather to feel proud or like a snitch right now...so i enjoyed a nice meal at a local bbq spot, reading a newspaper, having a polite conversation with the waitress, in a completely good mood. so i pay, ride away on my skateboard. out of nowhere this car comes barreling around the corner, and skreaches to a hault like 2 ft. from my leg. I jumped on the sidewalk and screamed at the dude. he rolls down his passenger window to reveal himself and a female. so i'm looking for an apology or something, while all dude can do say is, "fuck you, getthefuckouttatheroad" in a thick italian accent. so we start arguing and dude steps out the car... i'm like, "here we go" outta nowhere he steals me straight in the mouth. i picked up my skateboard to crack him in the head, but hesitate. next thing i know he tackles me, and we're rollin around on the filthy ass pavement. he gets a leg up and kicks me in the head, and stomps on my arm. then, he runs back jumps in his car and peels out. i got fool's lisece plate # and call it in. within 10 miutes nypd got that piece of shit. so i go to the station, press charges and all is done for the evening.thing is, now i kinda wish i would have just busted his head open, even though i know i did the "right" thing, my pride is smooshed, and i feel like a sucker. and DAMN my shoulder hurts like a motherfucker. I know down the road this douchebag will be paying for my new car, so i have to keep reminding myself of that.

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    That fucking sucks, but you did the right thing. Hitting him once was self defence, cracking his skull would have turned it into assult with a deadly weapon (crazy but it's happened).

Hope your doing alright, and while bashing his fucking face in would have been more satisfiying, one shot and call the cops was the right thing to do.

• I don't know weather to feel proud or like a snitch right now...

so i enjoyed a nice meal at a local bbq spot, reading a newspaper, having a polite conversation with the waitress, in a completely good mood. so i pay, ride away on my skateboard. out of nowhere this car comes barreling around the corner, and skreaches to a hault like 2 ft. from my leg. I jumped on the sidewalk and screamed at the dude. he rolls down his passenger window to reveal himself and a female. so i'm looking for an apology or something, while all dude can do say is, "fuck you, getthefuckouttatheroad" in a thick italian accent. so we start arguing and dude steps out the car... i'm like, "here we go"

outta nowhere he steals me straight in the mouth. i picked up my skateboard to crack him in the head, but hesitate. next thing i know he tackles me, and we're rollin around on the filthy ass pavement. he gets a leg up and kicks me in the head, and stomps on my arm. then, he runs back jumps in his car and peels out. i got fool's lisece plate # and call it in. within 10 miutes nypd got that piece of shit. so i go to the station, press charges and all is done for the evening.

thing is, now i kinda wish i would have just busted his head open, even though i know i did the "right" thing, my pride is smooshed, and i feel like a sucker. and DAMN my shoulder hurts like a motherfucker. I know down the road this douchebag will be paying for my new car, so i have to keep reminding myself of that.

i'm taking it you live in new york.

that shit is crazy considering it was his fault. i've had the situation happen before and usually it didn't escalate but it could have. like i almost got jumped by a crew of dudes for doing the same thing when i pulled into an intersection. i wasn't going that fast but still it was my fault if i had hit them. some people will look for any excuse to be violent. you did the right thing.

• He didn't jack any records from you, did he?

Seriously though, I'm glad you're alright. It could've been a lot worse.

Herm

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i picked up my skateboard to crack him in the head, but hesitate.

smart on the hesitation.

A very similar situation happened with me and my skateboard. Im glad i only got probation and community service. His injuries were not that extensive.

You did the right thing cause that muthafucka just wants to fight.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Tom, if' you've got health insurance, make sure you see a doctor and get everything documented. Glad you're safe.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    honestly, the skateboard was the only way i would have won that fight, dude was LARGE.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Now you're using the LAAAW to win the fight.

honestly, the skateboard was the only way i would have won that fight, dude was LARGE.

yes. which is the same reason I chose to hit the dude with it. bad move, cause not only did i get hauled away by cops, i got my ass beat by dudes friends.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Get the fuck outtta the road you jackass!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

great... another fat fuck behind the wheel.

just kidding.

So are you gonna sue him? I wouldnt have even thought of that. You called the police and gave them a tag number and they arrested him? Cops do that?

great... another fat fuck behind the wheel.

easy buddy, it was just a joke.

thats cool of you though.

You called the police and gave them a tag number and they arrested him? Cops do that?

yeah that is what i thought too. That has never happened when I called the cops.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    jSo are you gonna sue him?

damn skippy.

wrong joke. wrong time.

this shit is mad hard for me to admit and i kind of feel embarassed about it. yet somehow i felt like airing it in public would make me realize that i did the right thing. i guess not.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Naw, you did the right thing. Hope ya feel better man.

• dude, seems to me like you did the right thing .. these things always get me a bit worked up inside and that angry confused type feeling, but that'll pass with in day or two ..

without wanting to sound like a doofus, try relax, have a shower, take an hour or two out, whack on some dub or whatever it you feel might be good right now, crack a cold beer, pop a valium, grab some anti-inflam's .. chin up though

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    hey man, that fucking sucks... something tells me you're gonna have the last laugh on this one though.

• Glad your alright man.. Damn near same thing happened to me but I actually got hit and then dude attempted to kidnap me. Trust me man, legal is the way and you WILL get the last laugh. See a doc though if you can. Paper trail bumps lawsuit $$

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Paper trail bumps lawsuit $$

KNOWLEDGE DROPPED

• Tom, if' you've got health insurance, make sure you see a doctor and get everything documented. Glad you're safe.

For real. Go see a doctor tomorrow, regardless of whether or not you have insurance. You absolutely MUST document your injuries ASAP. You never know what you might be feeling like in a couple of weeks.

ps. I hate to say it, but don't assume you're gonna get anything from this dude. The guy that drove into my brother just pled to 3 years probation and my brother ain't gonna get shit out of him .

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey T**,

Sorry to hear about what happened, and I'm glad to hear you're OK. Take that cat to court and get what's coming to you. And, oh yeah, don't sweat it man. Next time that happens, call your big brotha Stacks and I'll fly over and handle that fool fo ya. I break hard rocks into pebbles!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Damn near same thing happened to me but I actually got hit and then dude attempted to kidnap me.

Man, what the fuck? What kind of crazy shit is that?

Plaese to essplain

• Plaese to essplain

sayin!

• I break hard rocks into peebles!!!!

or...

???

• Damn near same thing happened to me but I actually got hit and then dude attempted to kidnap me.

Man, what the fuck? What kind of crazy shit is that?

Plaese to essplain

Face of a gentle panda, mind of a maniac psycho.

When he jumps out the Camry get ready 'cause he might go BLAOW!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

ps. I hate to say it, but don't assume you're gonna get anything from this dude. The guy that drove into my brother just pled to 3 years probation and my brother ain't gonna get shit out of him .

Yeah, it's probably best not to count the green until you've got it. The difficulty here is that whereas most people have automobile insurance that can cover a settlement or judgment that's driving related, they generally don't have brawling insurance for situations like this. That leaves you with whatever the guy has personally, and people that have real assets generally don't risk them in such a dumb way. He may turn out to be effectively judgment proof. Still, if you get an attorney that will take the case on contingency it doesn't hurt to try.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    Glad your alright man.. Damn near same thing happened to me but I actually got hit and then dude attempted to kidnap me. Trust me man, legal is the way and you WILL get the last laugh. See a doc though if you can. Paper trail bumps lawsuit $$
    Word...pride is amutherfucker but cash is always accepted in times of WHOA! NahWatImeeN?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

that's some coward-ass shit by yet another coward-ass big dude.

you did the right thing in not smashing dude in the head with your skateboard.

stay up.

• -

• Comin' out the video store on 3rd and Hobart, July 3rd 1999. I went heads up with a mini-van as I strolled across the crosswalk and lost (my shoes flew one way, body flew another, for whatever reason I tucked and saved my skull from the curb). dude jumped out the mini-van, and realizing what he had done, grabbed my then lifeless body and started trying to drag me into the sliding door of the van. A few witnesses came over and yoked him up on some "let him go, you're killing him!" and I came to - halfway in, halfway out of the side door. Dude runs around to the driver side and tries to drive off with my body hanging out and a bunch of people jump in front of the van. Paramedics, fire department all come. I can't afford the 8,000$ ride to the county in the ambulance so I call my homeboy Ben and he scoops me into his backseat and drives me to UCLA where I proceed to run up 18,000 $ in treatment. July 4th I get drunk. I also decide I don't give a f- about nothing or anybody cause it can all end like blam and life is something I realize I am not experiencing. i decided I had NO time to "come to grips" with life and have since tried to live with 0 regret and absolutely ready to go at any mintue with a smile on my face. I can honestly say that I am not afraid to die. That doesn't mean I'm trying to, I'm just saying. Live, Love and do it like you mean it and do it till your satisfied (Not talking about sex gentlemen). So if you love CTI, then ride for it. be about it. Anyways, I flubbed the whole thing because I had a slimy lawyer who was like, I don't care if you aren't feeling it, I need you to run this chirpractor bill UP. I was like f-this, it's unrighteous and 2 wrongs don't make a right. well, I got my medical paid and only 2,500 dollars for the trouble. I'm not complaining. I bought a compressor and the Jade record on Pesante. Live yall -

Sleep well tonight. Living is tough for all of us and yet we live to dream another night. For what it's worth I'm proud of your restraint and believe the Universe works in ways only Sun Ra may understand. You did the right thing.