Nelly is next to do reality show

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Soon, Nelly's going to add his name to the ever-growing list of the musical elite ??? Ozzy Osbourne, Britney Spears, Tommy Lee, Travis Barker, Gene Simmons, Jessica Simpson and Lil' Kim, among them ??? who've made the leap from the recordingstudio to the boob tube.The St. Louis rapper has inked a development deal that'll have him starring in his very own reality series, according to a spokesperson for A. Smith & Co., the television production company behind the hit reality shows "The Swan," "Hell's Kitchen" and "Paradise Hotel," who'll be producing Nelly's series.While details are scant on just what the still-untitled show's going to entail, camera crews will be tailing Nelly, chronicling his day-to-day life. The series is expected to begin airing sometime early next year."I look forward to showing my fans what my world is about and bringing more attention to my nonprofit organizations," Nelly said in a statement. The rapper funds 4Sho4Kids, an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for children born with developmental disabilities and drug addictions. He has also participated in campaigns for bone-marrow donation; his sister, Jackie Donahue, lost a long battle with leukemia back in March (see "Nelly's Sister Loses Her Battle With Leukemia").Along with his music and forthcoming television debut, Nelly's also set to star in "Crenshaw Blvd.," a movie that's currently in the pre-production phase and should surface sometime late next year. from http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1510108/20050922/nelly.jhtml?headlines=true

Comments

• yet another reason for faux to get a TV!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Word. That foll should put some x-rated footage of Ashanti on the show!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    call the show

'KILLING NELLE"

and every week some random sheeple get to kill him
    over and over and over kill infinitum

I'd watch that show.

• the musical elite ??? Lil' Kim

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    at first i thought there's no way this show could be interesting, but then i remembered that special he did for vh1 (i think) trying to find a model for apple bottoms...

• at first i thought there's no way this show could be interesting, but then i remembered that special he did for vh1 (i think) trying to find a model for apple bottoms...

missed that. who did he pick?

Some of the judges included celebrities such as rapper E-40, singer Brian McKnight, singer Alexander James Mclean from the Backstreet Boys and the rap group St. Lunatics who all enjoyed getting the chance to view the backsides without being ???perverts.??? The Las Vegas finals included a style challenge and a ???runway show??? for the six finalists. The style challenge was called Apple Tree. The contestants were put in a room for 10 minutes so that they could dress themselves in a stylish outfit out of several randomly scattered tops and bottoms. The challenge was to see how stylish they were; in actuality it was to make a mockery out of them because when the final contestant wins, she will not have a say in what she will wear for a photo shoot or fashion show. Comedian B-Phlat, who has appeared on BET???s ComicView, was one of the judges for this segment. She used her comedic, yet necessary approach with the finalists in her decisions.

For the runway show, which was more like a ???who can shake the best??? competition, the finalists were given one last touch on their make-up and hair, dressed in Apple Bottoms wear and were sent to the runway for a last chance to ???work it??? for the audience. The winner was Jasmine Watkins of New York.[/b]

http://www.tsumeter.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2003/12/08/3fd5a4734a509

• nah, dude I meant what apple did he choose?

Jonagold is my shit.

and fuji trumps all other apples