Legal Downloads - who has the best quality?

DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Itunes' sound quality is weak I agree.... There is stuff I DL legally, but do any of you know who has the best quality??? ItunesNapsterOther???

Comments

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    why download legally if you're looking for quality?

I measure quality by bitrate...so I don't use any of those thangs.
    And its often just easier to snag from a bootleg source.

I go w/ iTunes though, if I must. its got a decently large catalogue, some of which I appeciate.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Itunes' sound quality is weak I agree.... There is stuff I DL legally, but do any of you know who has the best quality???

Itunes
    Napster
    Other
    ???

Damn foll, PAY for downloads? Get the fuck outta here with that!!!! If you want quality, buy THE CD! That will be your best quality. Some of the legal DL sites charge 99 cents a song. You can buy the actual CD for the same amount of money. MP3s are convenient, but do not sound very good at any bit rate. I download lots of music to listen to, but if quality is an issue I buy the CD.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Itunes' sound quality is weak I agree.... There is stuff I DL legally, but do any of you know who has the best quality???

Itunes
    Napster
    Other
    ???

Damn foll, PAY for downloads? Get the fuck outta here with that!!!! If you want quality, buy THE CD! That will be your best quality. Some of the legal DL sites charge 99 cents a song. You can buy the actual CD for the same amount of money. MP3s are convenient, but do not sound very good at any bit rate. I download lots of music to listen to, but if quality is an issue I buy the CD.

Word. I dont pay for downloads. I download it, if I like it I go cop it. I like having the liner notes and good quality.

fuck a download.

• Damn foll, PAY for downloads? Get the fuck outta here with that!!!! If you want quality, buy THE CD! That will be your best quality. Some of the legal DL sites charge 99 cents a song. You can buy the actual CD for the same amount of money. MP3s are convenient, but do not sound very good at any bit rate. I download lots of music to listen to, but if quality is an issue I buy the CD.

Cuz I only want the ONE good song on the album

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Cuz I only want the ONE good song on the album

Try to find it on soulseek @320. It will be good enough and free.

• werd, 320??? I though the 200's was good enough...... Thanks for the info