SOURCE CZECH - RAPPERS DELIGHT INTRO

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Evrebody knows that Rappers Delight consits of a replayed version of Chics Good Times. But what is the latin percussion intro with the piano stabs ???www.oldschoolhiphop.com says in a quiz that it is a interpolation from "Here Comes That Sound" by Sun.I did a research on that which failed to bring any results.Does anybody know something about this ???PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• No one knows it ?? Cant belive it.

Best

• It seems that this is the 1 Million dollar question of digging !!!!!!!!

Peace

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I heard its from fania.

I know somebody here knows, because i've heard people talk about it before.

by the way, your song on the soulstrut comp is dope.

• I heard its from fania.

it's out?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I heard its from fania.

it's out?

not yet, but i got a sneek peak at hommie's song and its dope.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    The taster EP "BREAKBEATRAER - 4 SONGS FROM SOULSTRUT.COM" will hit stores in Mid October. It features two 12" only bonus cuts where Dizzy and Hawkeye are getting in battle mode with by working the same sample for their tracks (in fact they didn't know it while the were working on their repective tracks but it sounds better this way).

Artwork is done by Mike the 2600 King!!!

Raj will bring the whole thing to the frontpage in a minute !!!

• OK, so Fania. But which Fania record ??? I'll serach the froum, but if anyone kneow, just drop it like its hot.

Thank you Dizzy, like your track too. Where did you get the bassline from ??? Is that replayed ??

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Bassline is from Boots Randolph. Yep, mr. Yakety Sax himself. I remember my grandparents had one of his records, and it was really corny, but I liked it.

I won't keep secrets... pick up "Boots With Brass". Its a banging little record.

• I dont get it, the bassline for your "battle" track is not played by you ?? It is a straight loop ??

Peace
    Hawkeye

• I dont get it, the bassline for your "battle" track is not played by you ?? It is a straight loop ??

Peace
    Hawkeye

Yes, its a straight loop, except for the breakdown where its chopped a little bit.

• Allright, the bassline reminds a lot of the basssline of the track where we ripped the flute from. My bassline is chopped and pasted out of this little bassloop befor the guitar solo comes in. And the second flute version I got from the original track, not the cover version which we both used.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• By the way, even if Dizzy and I are talking about something diffrent. I'm still on the search for this Rappers Delight intro fuck.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• Yeah, I stole some flute from another record also, since when I was making the track I had no idea that I was working on a concept track. I cant remember what record the second flutes come from, but i guess thats not important.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it's actually an interpolation from "Here Comes That Sound" by Love De-Luxe.

• I'm pretty sure it's actually an interpolation from "Here Comes That Sound" by Love De-Luxe.

YES