Roger and The Human Body

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Didn't meet the reserve. I have wanted this record for a long, long, long time..But have never heard it. I want it because my Dad's best friend had a Van with a system in the early 80's and they bumped alot of Roger and Zapp around my young self. Anyone have it? Is it 900$ good? (I know that is a relative question but 500+ and it didn't reserve?)

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Have you heard it? It's not like his later records. It's more pre-funk than g-funk.

Here's a cut from it

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was once the runner up in an Ebay auction for this. Wanted it cause I like Roger & Zapp. But this is definitly a case of rarity = $$$

not really a good album, the funk is kinda watered down IMO. Bearing Straight is the best track on here, the rest is kinda "eh"

• That's what friends are for, for good times for bad times..
    thanks, it's downloading now. I know it's from 75 but it could have gone either way.
    we'll see.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

i like this version better than the version on Zapp s/t

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I was once the runner up in an Ebay auction for this. Wanted it cause I like Roger & Zapp. But this is definitly a case of rarity = $$$

not really a good album, the funk is kinda watered down IMO. Bearing Straight is the best track on here, the rest is kinda "eh"

It's a pretty average record, nothing too outstanding or even what you would stereotypically expect from Roger. The high price is definitely a rarity thing.

• Moderately better than "Your Man Is home Tonight" by Tony[/b] Troutman on T-Main
    but not as good as Scrambled Eggs and Cajun Breaded Trout, man.

• Moderately better than "Your Man Is home Tonight" by Tony[/b] Troutman on T-Main
    but not as good as Scrambled Eggs and Cajun Breaded Trout, man.