Happy Birthday, Edwin Bocage.

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I'm one day late (9/20/1930). But so are all of you guys.

The man and his city have experienced the unthinkable. First the home fire, and now this. But if the man's music has tought me one thing, it's that Eddie Bo, his family, his friends, and his city will come back in the most spirited manner possible.

So give it up, folks; respect the genius. Perhaps, later, we can e-mail him the link to this thread.

Comments

• Word. That's a good idea. I hope he and his fam are good.

• To Mr. Bocage

Happy birthday, I'm relieved that you're ok after the disaster your area has faced. Listening to your work has always made me feel better when I'm reminiscing on a bad day, and on a good day, though I'm alone in my room, it often prompts me to get up and dance (and sometimes throw things). I'll forever be bumping "Thang" to get hyped before going out

• Happy Birthday... here's to your family being safe, your home rebuilt or better yet intact, and many more nights at Tipitina's.

eddie bo interview

• Happy Birthday Mr Bocage!

Hope things are working themselves out after the storm and loved ones are nearby.
    I want to thank you for the band shirt you sent me via Allyn Rosenberg, btw...very, very cool! I'm comin' to see you play someday...

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Happy Birthday sir. Respect the architect.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Happy birthday, Mr. Bocage. You've given the world so much with your music; I just hope that in some way, those of us who have been moved by your work can give back. All the best and many happy returns.

• Happy 75th, Mr. Bo.
    may it be a year of peace and joy...

• Bo is the man. His birthday ought to be a state holiday in Louisiana.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Happy birthday Mr. Bocage!
    Hope your birthday was a bright one. All the best to you and your family.
    Your music has brightened many a day for many, many folks.
    Nothing less than the best.

thank you & keep on keeping on