Anyone else watching NIPTUCK?

noznoz 3,625 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
(SPOILERS BELOW)i had my reservations about last nights premiere, since season two was a goddamn mess. i wasn't even planning on watching last night, but i got lured into it and i have to say it was a pretty great start. for one i'm glad that christian survived the slashers attack, all the promotion eluded to him dying and i was about to give up on the show altogether had that been the case. sean isn't a strong enough character to carry the entire show. but more importantly, they went back to a lot of what was great about the first season, where the plots tend to focus on the doctors interactions with their patients and how they apply that perspective gained to their own lives. and gratuitous/forced threesome aside, there was less of the shock for the sake of shock that they were peddling all last season.

Comments

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I haven't watched this show since last summer...What happened to the Life Coach and her [sic] son?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i don't remember exactly i think that the macnamarras threatened that they'd go public with her incest and thus ruin her career so she skipped town to europe. matt was gonna go but backed for some reason at the last minute, and i think her creepy blonde kid might have gone in his place.

• i saw the firsst half hour of it and it made me glad that i don't have cable....and the only thing i can get is PBS.

I can see how a show like that can suck you in but i got away before it could do that to me. The show seemed like it was taking TV to its limits, but in the worst possible ways; wow they can say 'shit' and show butts, and fake boobs. The whole slick, film-like presentation just left a bad taste in my mouth.

The only things i liked about the show were the elements that seemed like they were stolen from TWIN PEAKS.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    :NO: