alan shorter (wayne's brother) - parabolic LP

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
does anyone own, or has heard this lp? i remember hearing something about it a while ago, but i've never come across it since. supposed to be real nice from what i remember hearing...

Comments

• a lot of hype, don't get me wrong its good, but i think it has more to do with it being wayne's brother than how good the actual album is

7 out of 10

• a lot of hype, don't get me wrong its good, but i think it has more to do with it being wayne's brother than how good the actual album is

7 out of 10
    gotcha. do you remember by any chance who the other featured musicians are on the album, and what they play?

i kinda assumed it was hype. i doubt it's even close to any random wayne shorter blue note.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    a lot of hype, don't get me wrong its good, but i think it has more to do with it being wayne's brother than how good the actual album is

7 out of 10
    gotcha. do you remember by any chance who the other featured musicians are on the album, and what they play?

i kinda assumed it was hype. i doubt it's even close to any random wayne shorter blue note.

Alan Shorter is more of a free-jazzer than his brother - I think his album 'Orgasm' on Verve is really good - Charlie Haden holds down the bass nice on there.

---

• gato( ), rasheed ali, and charlie haden are on orgasim,

there are soundclips here if you want to hear for yourself, i hate most things so i am a bad judge

• gato( ), rasheed ali, and charlie haden are on orgasim,

there are soundclips here if you want to hear for yourself, i hate most things so i am a bad judge
    thanks. i actually found it on soulseek (man i love soulseek...) and am downloading it right now. it should be done in an hour or two, so if anyone else is interested in it, let me know and i'll upload a link for you to download it.

• i found another album of his called "tes esat" which is quite nice. holla at the kid if you're interested and i'll send through a link...

• actually, it's easier if you get at me on soulseek. i'll be on for a bit: mousa music