New Three 6 Mafia Album

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Has anybody heard this in its entirety yet? Is it still coming out next Tuesday? I felt like Unbreakables was kind of a regression for them, but it looks like they're back to trying new things if "Stay Fly" is any reflection of the rest of the album...

Comments

• Has anybody heard this in its entirety yet?

Yes.

Solid LP. Was hoping for some more scary-type "Rainbow Colors" shit but what's there is very very good. More sample-heavy than I initially expected.

• I haven't heard it in its entirety. I downloaded a bunch of songs that are supposed to be on it. It's good. I THINK it'll be like most of their stuff: about 6 really good songs and some filler. I HOPE it'll finally be the album I think they're capable of.

• At least the cover looks a LOT better. I love Three 6 Mafia, but their covers are the worst.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    staaaayyy fly-y-y-y-y-yyyy-y

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Has anybody heard this in its entirety yet?

Yes.

Solid LP. Was hoping for some more scary-type "Rainbow Colors" shit...

"Jollyranchers man that s**t be good as f**k"

I love the enthusiasm that that line is delivered with...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Man, I want this album badddddd...

I think this will be one of their best. Im hoping anyways. I actually thought unbreakables was pretty damn good. But i bet they just blow it out the water with this one. It feels like the time is right for them.

does anyone have it? Has it leaked?

Man, I want this album badddddd...

I think this will be one of their best. Im hoping anyways. I actually thought unbreakables was pretty damn good. But i bet they just blow it out the water with this one. It feels like the time is right for them.

I hope that as southern elder statesmen they're able to capitalize off of how hot the south has gotten--they definitely deserve to.

does anyone have it? Has it leaked?

The boy catchdini apparently does...

Is it too late for stay fly to blow up for real?

I'm starting to hear it on NY radio--I assumed it was already huge in the south.

• stay fly has been blown up in these parts. constant rotation on the radio

I'm starting to hear it on NY radio--I assumed it was already huge in the south.

probably. Man, if they push it right. That song is an anthem!

• Is it too late for stay fly to blow up for real?

It's on the radio everyday.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    fuck is "yurple"?

• maybe the yellow syrup?

• STAY FLY REMIX

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    THREE Project Pat appearances

thats a very good start... I'm mad that they pushed him all the way to the final few moments of Stay Fly Rmx though...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Gets NO play in Houston. Sad, just damn sad.

• Is it too late for stay fly to blow up for real?

Gets NO play in Houston. The Bay. Sad, just damn sad.

Since I haven't heard it I don't if it really is "sad damn sad". I heard a pice of it on a Jamster commercial.

• Man radio is mad behind on shit. They are just playing that Purple Ribbon Allstars because the video is out. had that single on the site for well over 3 months. They will probably play Stay Fly over Xmas and call it the new hotness.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Man radio is mad behind on shit. They are just playing that Purple Ribbon Allstars because the video is out. had that single on the site for well over 3 months. They will probably play Stay Fly over Xmas and call it the new hotness.

lagtime between pressing and play is mad long these days... prolly frustrating for retailers selling new shit

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    "Stay Fly" is getting no love on Philly radio. Only folks dancing to it are hipsters.

Sometimes hipsters are the shit.

-e

• "Stay Fly" is getting no love on Philly radio. Only folks dancing to it are hipsters.

Sometimes hipsters are the shit.

-e

interesting...stay fly is definitely getting played on baltimore & DC radio. no power 99 love?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lots of NY play. I heard it 3 times on the radio yesterday as well as one of those "Coming up within the next half hour" jawns.

• Lots of NY play. I heard it 3 times on the radio yesterday as well as one of those "Coming up within the next half hour" jawns.

kanye said on mtv that he brings a CD-R of "stay fly" and smitty's "diamonds on my neck" to the club incase the DJ didnt have it

• Somebody pull my coat-- as someone who slept on Three 6 Mafia until recently but caught the "Sizzurp" and "Spinners" twelves, what should I check out?

• Man LA is on that Laffy Taffy joint right now... Joint came out of nowhere...

Man LA is on that Laffy Taffy joint right now... Joint came out of nowhere...

Seriously?

The group is called D4L--I didn't think that record was gonna get that far beyond Atlanta.

• Man LA is on that Laffy Taffy joint right now... Joint came out of nowhere...

Seriously?

The group is called D4L--I didn't think that record was gonna get that far beyond Atlanta.

That shit is blowing up on the radio... Getting mad spins across the country... I know its been in ATL for a minute, Just got on the radio out here about a week ago I guess.