Is "K4Records" on this board? (ebay seller rel)

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Because, buddy: we need to talk about an LP that's several weeks late.

Comments

• Just get his phone # from the request seller contact info thing and give him a ring. Be ridiculously nice. He'll be shook enough that you called him.

I'm making one myself tonight over a certain longtime want that I paid for 3 weeks ago and was supposed to go out priority...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I used to know that dude on the ebay music chat board, his name is Kevin & has an awesome collection & tons of knowledge, always seemed like a sweet dude, ask someone over there if they know what's up with him these days.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Still nothing from this guy. I'm out $25 (or, one OG Headless Heroes). I'm going to call him in an hour or so.

• Just ring him. I called my joker tuesday night and he said he "didn't know what happened" but "he'll look into it". "MAILED IT WEEKS AGO FOR SURE" HE SAID.

It just arrived postmarked the next day.

I have a suspicion he wanted more money for the LP than it sold for.

• I have a suspicion he wanted more money for the LP than it sold for.

Seriously, what's up with eBay sellers like that? Why don't they set a reserve price or higher starting bid if they expect the item to sell for a certain amount?

SG

• Just ring him. I called my joker tuesday night and he said he "didn't know what happened" but "he'll look into it". "MAILED IT WEEKS AGO FOR SURE" HE SAID.

It just arrived postmarked the next day.

I had an experience with that kind of thing recently. I won a cool 45 for a bargain basement price, and it took the guy over a month to get it to me. His excuses started with - "Oh, it shipped right away", moved on to "I don't know what happened", then to "Let me put a trace on it, if you don't see it in a few days I'll refund your money", to me requesting a refund, to "Oh, I just found your 45".....smelled feeshy

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Yeah. He probably was waiting for the final snipers to come through (just like me), and they just didn't. $25 is a great price for an OG HH by my book. He was probably hoping for $60+ and just didn't get it. He had no problem taking my money and not responding to my e-mails. So I'm thinking that dude re-lists the auction, takes the negative feedback, and makes $90 in the process for one album. Except I'm going to file a claim and then start talking to people who know people.

I want my goddamn Headless Heroes.