CHOKELAND

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
What it do, I mean what is it thoughI mean, are we gonna really do thisARE WE MICE OR ARE WE MENS?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    ?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Drinking at work might not be such a good idea.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Are we referring to the Chokeland Pathetics here?

I'm asking the same thing about the Phightless Phils here too........

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    speaking of choke....

THE GODDAMN YANKEES ARE ONLY 1/2 game[/b] behind BOSTON...WTF?!?!!?!

• i am really scared that it's not going to happen after last night's late innings. i am going to bed in all a's gear for the rest of the season.

i am going to bed in all a's gear for the rest of the season.

um

yeah

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

um

yeah

• i am saying dude.

• I LIKE KARAOKELAND

• Must be talking about the King Chokers

• i am going to bed in all a's gear for the rest of the season.

um

yeah

i am also going to don a fake handlebar moustache every day at work from 1PM to 3PM

no choking down south....

"Looking to move one step closer to the National League West Division title after Khalil Greene's two-homer night lifted their lead to six games Monday, the Padres will call on veteran right-hander Woody Williams in the second game of a four-game series against the Rockies at Coors Field on Tuesday...."

watch out

12 Games left for the Phils. Hopefully cupcake games against the Mets, Reds, and Nats. Only 1 game back in the wild card and 5 games back in the division, then the last few games Florida and Atlanta get to beat each other up. That Houston/Florida series was the best thing to happen to us.

I'm eating nothing but cheesesteaks for the rest of the season.

• i am really scared that it's not going to happen after last night's late innings. i am going to bed in all a's gear for the rest of the season.

I mean dude. I don't even GET west coast results until they've run the AL East race three or four times on sports center. Then they're like, "oh yeah this team called the A's played last night too"

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

If they don't hold on it will be the biggest choke in the history of sports.....

Must be talking about the King Chokers

OUCH.

To be a Sox fan.........

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

um

yeah

i am also going to don a fake handlebar moustache every day at work from 1PM to 3PM

• i am going to bed in all a's gear for the rest of the season.

um

yeah

In honor of Rollie Fingers?

• for the past couple of years, these guys have been choking...

for the past couple of years, these guys have been choking...

You aint kidding. Last year was suppsoed to be the breakout. They're just not consistant enough.

• THAT DUDE

I mean dude. I don't even GET west coast results until they've run the AL East race three or four times on sports center. Then they're like, "oh yeah this team called the A's played last night too"

i am always freaking out this time of year, seriously why does it always gotta be down to the wire? i fell asleep to the game in the 3rd inning when they were up 5-0 and then when i woke up from nyquil nap and look at the screen, i realize they almost lost? i had to shake my head awake just to see if that was really the case. so stupid. i am going to try to go one of the angels series coming up. i know that will be scary as fuck cause they'll probably be in a dead heat going into it, if chokeland history has taught me anything

rollie, catfish, carnie can you hear me?

• carnie can you hear me?

THAT DUDE

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Must be talking about the King Chokers

For real. Hear this: the 2005 White Sucks will NOT EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.

Gonna party like it's (Chicago) 1969.

• LET US NOT GET OFF TRACK EHRE!

THE WHITE SOX ARE NOT UP FOR DUSCISSION.

• for the past couple of years decades, these guys have been choking...

"You don't know the pain I feel."[/b]

• i am saying dude.

OK OK. Let's not get hysterical here. I have been frothing at the mouth with A's fanatacism all year, but they're actually right where they want to be. That was a pretty decent road trip they just pulled off at 5-5 considering who they were playing. The pitching is ridicoulously consistent these days. If they can score 4 runs a game they win. (Last night does not count. I like Yabu and all, but he will not ever have anything to so with crunch time, game on the line situations). If they stay close until Anaheim comes to town, they have a great shot at this. With the trades and all the injuries (still) and all the young players, this is the year you can not say Oakland choked. Maybe next year when they have some expectations, but this year no matter what has been a success and I think the most fun I've had beeing as A's fan! More fun than the late 80's/early 90's teams!

4 dudes up for Rookie of the Year!!!???

The future looks bright, but that said, no doubt the playoffs would be great this year. Just to keep either the Yankees or Anaheim out would be worth it right there!

I'll be there tomorrow on some $2 tickets.

LET'S GO OAK-LAND!
    CLAP - CLAP - CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!

• I have that card!

Somewhere!

My mom called last week and said she found about 3k old baseball cards of mine, mostly 1978-1983 or so Topps and Donruss. I should probably see if they're worth anything.