Fritz The Cat (L.A. Express Related)

loginlogin 52 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Did the Soundtrack for Fritz the Cat ever get pressed up. Is this a dollar bin common or some shit. I saw in the Credits that the music was done by L.A. Express which I have heard before but never owned. I saw the movie last night and was deeply moved.Thanks

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    it was pressed. prety cheap and easy to find

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    the sdtrk for the 2nd movie was not pressed up unfortunately. There is a dope ass promo 45 of tcb in e from the 2nd movie that is quite laaaaar.

• I sold my copy to Daniel Wheeler (swear to god).

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    call him and get it back

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    There are two different Fritz The Cat animated movies.

The first, "Fritz The Cat", was directed by Ralph Bakshi (Coonskin, Wizards, LOTR), and the Fantasy soundtrack features Charles Earland, Cal Tjader, Merl Saunders, Arthur Adams, Chuck Rainey and Bernard "Pretty" Purdie.
    The second, "The Nine Lives Of Fritz The Cat", was directed by Steve Krantz and the soundtrack features Tom Scott And The LA Express. The movie bombed at the box office, so the soundtrack was never released. Only a 7" featuring the two vocal tracks "Jump Back/TCB In E" was released.

I think you are referring to the second movie. Just bought myself for cheap on DVD recently. Too bad the rest of the music wasn't released - it's pretty dope.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    oui I was referring to that...........since he mentioned tom scott

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts

I think you are referring to the second movie. Too bad the rest of the music wasn't released - it's pretty dope.

Unlike the film itself. It's no secret why the second one bombed...lol

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

I think you are referring to the second movie. Too bad the rest of the music wasn't released - it's pretty dope.

Unlike the film itself. It's no secret why the second one bombed...lol

It has it's moments, but it's way too disjointed.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    the sdtrk for the 2nd movie was not pressed up unfortunately. There is a dope ass promo 45 of tcb in e from the 2nd movie that is quite laaaaar.

Not just promo 45s, there was a regular issue as well (flip is tcb in e):