Phoenix Arizona Record Stores

FUEGOCRACKERFUEGOCRACKER 46 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Can anyone put me on to some record stores in Phoenix or Tempe? Going to be out there for a few days this week. Any heads up on good spots to chill and hear good music would be appriciated also.Thanks

Comments

• Can anyone put me on to some record stores in Phoenix or Tempe?
    Going to be out there for a few days this week. Any heads up
    on good spots to chill and hear good music would be appriciated also.
    Thanks

In Tempe, try Eastside Records, Stinkweeds, Memory Lane Records or possibly Zia Records. In Phoenix try Trax in Wax. PM me if you need addresses/directions.
    As for good spots to chill and hear good music, pick up a New Times when you're here -- it'll give you a good list of happenings in Tempe.
    A little caveat though: I'm strictly a little dude and may be missing some. I'd love to hear from some other soulstrutters in the valley of the sun for any other spots.

• if you're gonna be in town on saturday, Johnny D is having his annual record sale.

here's the email he sent out.

JOHNNY D???s BIG 2 DAY CARPORT RECORD SALE
    Saturday & Sunday 9/24 & 25, 7 am-1 pm each day. (No early birds
    please)
    1019 W. 19th Street in Tempe, near Broadway & Hardy
    1000???s of records for $1.00 ea. Nothing over $5.00
    All musical styles, tons of albums, 45???s and music stuff?????????..

and peep Escape from Sun City w/Johnny D, Smite, D-Jentrification, & Mantis Claw
    @ the Hidden House on Friday, 09/23/05 10pm-2am, NO COVER!
    SE corner of 7th Ave and Osborn Rd. in Mid-City Phoenix.

Last week they did it real big for Mexican Independence Day w/hella Mexican Psych Rock, cumbia/rancheras/corridos, and Xicano soul/funk.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    anything similar happening the week after? Or am I going to be picking up scraps?

Phoenixians please save me some modern soul