Maple Syrup (black-psych)

4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Re-organizing the colelction here and thinking I would like to finish off my Maple catalogue. I am assuming the first matrix is 6001 (Lee Moses) or is there a 6000? Any info welcome... thank ya sai.

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Sorry to have such a non-helpful reply, but I have to say that Lee Moses "Time & Place" LP is in my Top Five Most Wanted rackords out there...I have yet to even see one. Is there an area where they are plentiful?

• I've saw it once in the back of a record store buried in a box and pulled it. Had to keep it straight faced while it got priced for 30 bucks or something. I remember walking out of there thinking, this is why I continue to get out in the streets and put in work (even though 98% of the time I don't find ish and gas is killing me).
    "Hey Joe" cover -

• I've saw it once in the back of a record store buried in a box and pulled it. Had to keep it straight faced while it got priced for 30 bucks or something. I remember walking out of there thinking, this is why I continue to get out in the streets and put in work (even though 98% of the time I don't find ish and gas is killing me).

"Hey Joe" cover -

6000 Chosen Few Taking all the Love I can

6001 Lee Moses Time and Place

6004 Jimmie Hendrix and Lonnie Youngblood Two Great experiences together

6005 Flood Rising Flood

6007 M2 Mabu's Madness

6008 George Scott Find Someone to Love

? Gloria Barnes Uptown ?

I only have two of these...

I've heard the George Sccot and Gloria Barnes are hella dope.

Anyone ever hear Mabu's Madness?

Gotta Keep digging....

• Options
    "Got That Will" 45's used to run like water around here. I remember a place wouldn't sell me multiples, so I'd have to go in every Monday when they put out their new stock and buy it. 25 weeks straight? That shit'll get you into a routine faster than butts.

K.

P.S. They were 6.99. I think I may have one or 2 lying around here still.

• 6000 Chosen Few Taking all the Love I can
    6001 Lee Moses Time and Place
    6004 Jimmie Hendrix and Lonnie Youngblood Two Great experiences together
    6005 Flood Rising Flood
    6006 Gloria Barnes Uptown[/b]
    6007 M2 Mabu's Madness
    6008 George Scott Find Someone to Love
    ? ?

I only have two of these...
    I've heard the George Sccot and Gloria Barnes are hella dope.

They're both really good, although the Gloria Barnes LP is better overall. She's a little off-key on some songs, but the material is strong throughout. She also recorded as "Towanda Barnes."

There's also a Maple LP by the Optimistics, a sweet soul record that is probably the rarest thing on the lable. It's good but not great.

• this info is gold fellas... thanks

• The above Chosen Few is top notch material.How many tight acts are called the chosen few?quite a few..