dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's all about Rated X

• hells naw

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    radd

• I would delete your post, Robert, but I will let it slide.

A legend is an old man with a cane known for what he used to do. I'm still doing it.

A legend has returned!

no, no floating headz

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

I've had a humongous poster of this hanging over my bed for 6 years. I actually got it in Chicago, my first few days as a Freshman in the city. Coming back to my dorm on the El, I got suckered into giving up a $20 to a dude with a piece of cardboard and three little cups with one ball - you know how it goes. Well, just in case you don't, something like this:

"Umm...this[/b] one."

*drama*

*unveiling*

::: no ball :::

(whole train) "Oooh..."

(uncomfortable laughter) "Aw, come on man - I'm a struggling college student"

"And I[/b] have to eat[/b]"

Dope poster though, right?

• I've had a humongous poster of this hanging over my bed for 6 years. I actually got it in Chicago, my first few days as a Freshman in the city. Coming back to my dorm on the El, I got suckered into giving up a $20 to a dude with a piece of cardboard and three little cups with one ball - you know how it goes. Well, just in case you don't, something like this:

"Umm...this[/b] one."

*drama*

*unveiling*

(whole train) "Oooh..."

Oh man. You fell for that?!?!

I would love to have a silver print of that as a poster.

So Drewn. Here comes the soul searching question you knew I was going to ask, and were afraid that I'd have the guts to. Miles Davis vs. Curtis Mayfield in a 12x12 ring?

• Dominates.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Oh man. You fell for that?!?!

I would love to have a silver print of that as a poster.

So Drewn. Here comes the soul searching question you knew I was going to ask, and were afraid that I'd have the guts to. Miles Davis vs. Curtis Mayfield in a 12x12 ring?

Chalk it up to evian naivitae, Dreas has stories...

Ah yes, about the big question...I have yet to have Miles speak to me in a Curtis sort of way. So I will have to go with the most obvious answer.

• I got a bucnh of bootlegged perfomances on DVD from right around this era... I think to this day Live Evil and On The Corner are two of my all time faves. The Doods are fucking wild on these tapes! Lemme see if I can rip em, and if so Ill up some clips for the homies.

6.dos

• hey Drew Nice how do you like the Curtis live in Europe (?) on Ichiban... I wasn't feeling it last I checked but my definition of "that real shit" might have changed

• :sonned game over next level no ghey chicken & gravy mang:

I kinda like that Caravelles song. Too bad I only have the 45, hah.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    for years, my 5 in the morning "i'm blzed" jam was "he loved him madly", the 30 minute side one shit... serious, when you are wrecked, that shit is pure magic...

• I kinda like that Caravelles song. Too bad I only have the 45, hah.

I used to hear that tune on oldies programs all the time. I mainly remember two trembling female vocals sounding like they were recorded in a train station (echo and all). I'm a bigger fan of the cover; I'll bet guitar geeks cringe when they see a vintage instrument mishandled that way...

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    I got a bucnh of bootlegged perfomances on DVD from right around this era... I think to this day Live Evil and On The Corner are two of my all time faves. The Doods are fucking wild on these tapes! Lemme see if I can rip em, and if so Ill up some clips for the homies.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• I got a bucnh of bootlegged perfomances on DVD from right around this era... I think to this day Live Evil and On The Corner are two of my all time faves. The Doods are fucking wild on these tapes! Lemme see if I can rip em, and if so Ill up some clips for the homies.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes. RIP THEM!

I like the era when he went under the name Mark Dagus.

• chrischris 287 Posts

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

I've had a humongous poster of this hanging over my bed for 6 years. I actually got it in Chicago, my first few days as a Freshman in the city. Coming back to my dorm on the El, I got suckered into giving up a $20 to a dude with a piece of cardboard and three little cups with one ball - you know how it goes. Well, just in case you don't, something like this:

"Umm...this[/b] one."

*drama*

*unveiling*

(whole train) "Oooh..."

My man DCDigga gave me the same poster for my birthday this year. As always, a generous man with great taste.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    It's all about Rated X

Elbows on the Farfisa, watch that engineer flip the #1 aggro beat. Stop and go. Go now stop. Apocalypse now.