favorite infomrcial

KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Come on, i know some of ya'll end up watching them, at least for a few minutes. My favorite is the " BULLET BLENDER [/b] " where it's set up like a horror movie, 8 people are gathered in a strange house to spend the night and.....apparently have come down to hang out at the breakfast bar while their hosts(?) a wierd british dude and lady w/ like "mom cleivage" are demoing the blender. What is these people's relationship? The is a fat bald dude who they keep making jokes about being a party animal (as the show how he can make hangover curing smoothies in like 10 sec. w/ the blender) Then 10 min later they are making everyone frosty coctails. wierd and fun!!!

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    umm what?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    infomercials today suck, its all "lose weight with this addictive, make-you-poop-alot pill or over-priced, youll-never-use-it exercise machine"

• YES!!!!!!

i got insomnia so i wind up watching this shit on the regular. actually, i kinda like them. the pro-activ commercial breaks my heart to see alicia keys all cut up like that. the bullet blender one is pretty entertaining and i kinda like the product. ponch sells timeshares in AZ and OR. its funny cuz there's this one chick standing on a beach in OR, wearing a parka with the wind whipping around her and she's all like "beats socal beaches any day!"

but my favorite is the 2 midget twin real estate tycoons that teach you how to buy and sell property with little or no money down.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Not an infomercial...but those dudes that used to sell Sports Cards late at night were the illest...they had to scream everything..."KEN GRIFFEY JR. ROOKIE CARD!"..."MICHEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLL JJJOOORRRRDDDDDDAAANNNNNN! All star jersey..only 4 left!"

• update: what channel does "your shit"air on (if you can remember). I've seen BULLET BLENDER[/b] on food network in the morning

• http://www.yahwehbenyahweh.com/

These guys have the best infomercial. I saw it on a UPN station around 5:30 one morning. Lots of apocalyptic animated imagery. Fiery beasts and the like. The groups history makes the fact that they have a nationally televised infomercial a little unsettling.

• Come on, i know some of ya'll end up watching them, at least for a few minutes. My favorite is the " BULLET BLENDER [/b] " where it's set up like a horror movie, 8 people are gathered in a strange house to spend the night and.....apparently have come down to hang out at the breakfast bar while their hosts(?) a wierd british dude and lady w/ like "mom cleivage" are demoing the blender. What is these people's relationship? The is a fat bald dude who they keep making jokes about being a party animal (as the show how he can make hangover curing smoothies in like 10 sec. w/ the blender) Then 10 min later they are making everyone frosty coctails. wierd and fun!!!

WHO LIKES SALSAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?![/b]

• I like the little giant...is there anything it can't do!?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

dude is gangsta

I also like the flowbee

• dude is gangsta

I also like the flowbee
    Wasn't their a sketch based on him used on "In Living Color"?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    yup, I also recall he was nabbed by the feds for tax evasion........going out like a true asian.

"you want deal, I give you no tax"

• yup, I also recall he was nabbed by the feds for tax evasion........going out like a true asian.

"you want deal, I give you no tax"

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Back in the day when I used to watch TV I enjoyed:

[*]Dr. Ho's Muscle Massage System
    [*]AutoLock
    [*]Juiceman

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I also like to point out shig had a picture saved of the two midgets on his photobucket. Ready for use at any given moment...

that is indeed awesome.

• Back in the day when I used to watch TV I enjoyed:

[*]Juiceman
    Yo, Jay the Juiceman use to kill shit back in the day. As a matter of fact, In Living Color based a sketch on him too.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Not an infomercial...but those dudes that used to sell Sports Cards late at night were the illest...they had to scream everything..."KEN GRIFFEY JR. ROOKIE CARD!"..."MICHEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLL JJJOOORRRRDDDDDDAAANNNNNN! All star jersey..only 4 left!"

There was a Will Farrell Saturday Night Live skit based on that one

"So are you saying you can take the card off the Shaq plaque?!?"
    "TIME IS RUNNING OUT! SHAQ IS FLYING! OH MY GOD!"
    "I'm going to do it! *Puts a revolver in his mouth*" "OK, this is no joke!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Come on, i know some of ya'll end up watching them, at least for a few minutes. My favorite is the " BULLET BLENDER [/b] " where it's set up like a horror movie, 8 people are gathered in a strange house to spend the night and.....apparently have come down to hang out at the breakfast bar while their hosts(?) a wierd british dude and lady w/ like "mom cleivage" are demoing the blender. What is these people's relationship? The is a fat bald dude who they keep making jokes about being a party animal (as the show how he can make hangover curing smoothies in like 10 sec. w/ the blender) Then 10 min later they are making everyone frosty coctails. wierd and fun!!!
    With those color coded screw on lids for your mug, you'll never misplace your drink again.
    I still want a showtime rotisserie cooker. Ronco is.

• Not an infomercial...but those dudes that used to sell Sports Cards late at night were the illest...they had to scream everything..."KEN GRIFFEY JR. ROOKIE CARD!"..."MICHEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLL JJJOOORRRRDDDDDDAAANNNNNN! All star jersey..only 4 left!"

There was a Will Farrell Saturday Night Live skit based on that one

"So are you saying you can take the card off the Shaq plaque?!?"
    "TIME IS RUNNING OUT! SHAQ IS FLYING! OH MY GOD!"
    "I'm going to do it! *Puts a revolver in his mouth*" "OK, this is no joke!"
    Remember that one too! Was that the one with Vince Vaughn? This thread is dope, BTW.

• I think rap79 just mentioned that dude (Ronco).

• Yeah he mentioned it while I was posting. Beat me to it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

BUY MY SHIT!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

dude is gangsta

I also like the flowbee

Tom Vu

A bunch of us went to one of his "seminars" in high school, just before he got busted. It was a blast...

My gurl works for a production company that does infomercials... She seems to have alot of fun and she loves her job.

I think that suped up ladder (Which is really fucking heavy) and still the magic bullet are running things as far as sales go.

• Was that the one with Vince Vaughn?
    he was in infommercials?!

• Was that the one with Vince Vaughn?
    he was in infommercials?!
    No, I'm talkin' bout the sketch.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    it's no bullet blender it's B>MAGIC BULLET/B> folls. and I>i want it soo bad/I>

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    YES!!!!!!

i got insomnia so i wind up watching this shit on the regular. actually, i kinda like them. the pro-activ commercial breaks my heart to see alicia keys all cut up like that. the bullet blender one is pretty entertaining and i kinda like the product. ponch sells timeshares in AZ and OR. its funny cuz there's this one chick standing on a beach in OR, wearing a parka with the wind whipping around her and she's all like "beats socal beaches any day!"

but my favorite is the 2 midget twin real estate tycoons that teach you how to buy and sell property with little or no money down.

YES! themz my midgetz!

Supposedly, according to my girlfriend, there used to be an infomercial with Michael Landon for a "bed-wetting saddle" that gave electro shocks to the crotch of lil kids that peed the bed. She says that he (Landon) talked about how he used to pee the bed as a kid & his mom was cruel about it & if only he had had this miracle of a device...

I find it hard to believe, but we have a friend who says shes seen it too.

can anyone confirm this?

• I'm sorry, but the forever and all time best infomercial goes to RIO HAIR[/b].

I'll never forget how the hosts were so excited, "It's made from all natural ingredients!"

"It's so natural you can eat it!"

And they actually ate a mouthful of it.

I wish I still had it on tape, all I've found is about a 10 second clip w/no sound in the middle of a tape I have laying around here somewhere.

----

T94-58 Brad Stone

Dec. 21, 1994 (202) 205-4144

FDA WARNS AGAINST USE OF "RIO" HAIR RELAXER

The Food and Drug Administration today warned consumers

against using "Rio" hair relaxer products because they may cause

hair loss, scalp irritation and hair discoloration.

Since early November FDA has received nearly 100 reports

nationwide from people who have complained of adverse reactions

to these products. Consumers have complained that the products

caused their hair to fall out, caused a burning sensation on

their scalp or caused their hair to turn green.

"Rio Hair Naturalizer System" and "Rio Hair Naturalizer

System with Color Enhancer" have been marketed through a series

of infomercials broadcast nationwide. They are distributed by

World Rio Corporation Inc., Los Angeles, Calif. On Dec. 6, 1994,

the firm announced that it had stopped all sales and shipments of

the Rio Naturalizer product.

FDA is currently investigating the reports of reactions and

conducting laboratory analyses of both products. The analyses

indicate that the products contain a high level of acidity, which

could produce hair and scalp damage. They also reportedly

contain cupric chloride, a copper compound that could cause

lighter hair shades to turn green.

The agency is continuing its investigation and will take

appropriate steps to protect the public health. In the meantime,

people should avoid using these products. Consumers who have

experienced problems should notify their local FDA office or

local public health officials.

Consumers with questions can contact the company at 1-800-543-3002.

----

A nationwide outbreak of alopecia associated with the use of a hair-relaxing formulation.

Swee W, Klontz KC, Lambert LA.

Food and Drug Administration, HFS-728, 200 C St SW, Washington, DC 20204, USA.

OBJECTIVE: To study the long-term outcome of adverse effects reported by persons who used a commercial hair-straightening product known as the Rio Hair Naturalizer System (World Rio Corporation). DESIGN: Survey of individuals who contacted the Food and Drug Administration in 1994 and 1995 to report adverse effects linked to using the product. SETTING: Persons residing in the United States. PATIENTS: A total of 464 (59% of 790 eligible) patients who returned a completed questionnaire. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Adverse effects associated with using the Rio Hair Naturalizer System products (neutral or color enhancer). RESULTS: Ninety percent of respondents were African American women between the ages of 15 and 55 years. The most common complaints associated with the use of the products were hair breakage and/or hair loss, reported by 95% of respondents. Three quarters of those experiencing hair loss reported losing 40% or more of their original hair. The median time between the loss of original hair and the growth of new hair was 8 months; however, 40 (9%) respondents reported having no new growth at the time of completing the survey, some 2 years after using the product. When mixed according to package instructions, the mean pH of a sample of 20 neutral product kits tested was 1.39 (range, 1.1-3.15). For the 21 color-enhancer products tested, the mean pH was 2.82 (range, 2. 29-3.08). CONCLUSIONS: A nationwide outbreak of alopecia and scalp injuries involving tens of thousands of women (and some men) occurred following the marketing of a chemical hair-relaxing product. Most of those affected reported substantial hair loss, with a majority indicating growth of new hair that was abnormal in both quantity and quality.

PMID: 10987865 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

• http://www.yahwehbenyahweh.com/

These guys have the best infomercial. I saw it on a UPN station around 5:30 one morning. Lots of apocalyptic animated imagery. Fiery beasts and the like. The groups history makes the fact that they have a nationally televised infomercial a little unsettling.

I actually met the Cult Leader for these folks. They are fucked in the head. Dude tried to tell me that slavery and the persecution of Black folks was part of God's plan. That it is because of Cain killing Able and shit. They have no respect for women and have been raided many times by the feds for sexual and physical abuse. Fuck these fuckers. They have a big community up inVermoint. They own a few restaurants up there and several other businesess.

Big Time....