No Nukes for N. Korea

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
wow.

Let's hope this is real.
N Korea 'to abandon nuclear work'
North Korea has agreed to give up all its nuclear activities and rejoin the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, according to negotiators in Beijing.

Pyongyang will reportedly accept inspections by the UN nuclear watchdog.

At the same time, the US is said to have given an undertaking that it has no intention of attacking North Korea.

The breakthrough came during a fourth round of six-party talks in Beijing aimed at ending a three-year standoff over North Korea's nuclear ambitions.

The six nations involved in the talks will discuss North Korea's request for a light water nuclear reactor at a later date, according to a joint statement.

The North "promised to drop all nuclear weapons and current nuclear programmes and to get back to the Non-Proliferation Treaty as soon as possible and to accept inspections" by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the statement said, quoted by the Associated Press.

"The United States affirmed that it has no nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula and has no intention to attack or invade (North Korea) with nuclear or conventional weapons."

The statement said the US and North Korea, which President George W Bush included in his "axis of evil", would work to normalise relations over time.

"This is the most important result since the six-party talks started more than two years ago," said Wu Dawei, China's vice foreign minister.

The BBC's Charles Scanlon in Seoul says the statement appears to be a significant step forward in principle, but it is in its implementation that difficulties may arise.
Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/asia-pacific/4259128.stm

Published: 2005/09/19 05:22:50 GMT

Comments

• and if you believe that, ladies and gentlemen...

• and if you believe that, ladies and gentlemen...

do you have a bridge for me to buy????

I really want to buy a bridge.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Hey, a motherfucker can try, KAINT I?!

• Hey, a motherfucker can try, KAINT I?!

what'sup homie

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    bed, soon.

We need to yap tho for real.

• bed, soon.

We need to yap tho for real.

bed, it's not even 1 out there

punk

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• very true

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I need one of those in my life.

• I need one of those in my life.

St. Elmo's Fire.

tried the sleep thing at 10pm. woke up at 1:30. can't return. I should be making beats right now, but rather I'm looking up records, and listening to the outcasts on repeat. my dude down in FL has the 45. mint. will not come up off it. drives me mad. mildly.

cosmo, you have insomnia.

St. Elmo's Fire.

tried the sleep thing at 10pm. woke up at 1:30. can't return. I should be making beats right now, but rather I'm looking up records, and listening to the outcasts on repeat. my dude down in FL has the 45. mint. will not come up off it. drives me mad. mildly.

I got up and took two walks already tonight, trying to sleep, it's just not happening. Even AP's Folk/New Age CD didn't do it. (it usually works) I wouldn't care if I didn't work early.

St. Elmo's Fire.

I got up and took two walks already tonight, trying to sleep, it's just not happening. Even AP's Folk/New Age CD didn't do it. (it usually works) I wouldn't care if I didn't work early.

I got done with the AP CD too.
    work will be interesting tomorrow.
    the gig should operate on insomniac time.

St. Elmo's Fire.

I got done with the AP CD too.
    work will be interesting tomorrow.
    the gig should operate on insomniac time.

I think mine has to do with the fact that I am taking time off from smoking herbs. I will probably look like this dude by morning.

• fer real !?! these two came to mind while reading this thread.

Alexis Corner-Don't let them drop that atomic bomb on me.

Terry Callier- Ho Tsing Mee (Song for the Sun)

Please Oh Please World, Can we just chill the fuck out?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Went to bed, my son woke up sick.

2nd time for him in the last few days and the 4th time for the household in the last week.
    Just riding it out, hoping he'll go back to sleep.

Lysol =

So yeah, it's almost 3.

holler.