Expedit question (I know, I know)

meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Alright...just put together a 4x4 expedit and shit is a little shakey and not as sturdy as I was expecting. Is this normal or should it be really rock solid? There are a couple of contacts that are not super tight (I'm gonna get them with a rubber mallet), but it is only 2 or three. Any advise to make it a little more stable? Also, how critical is it to mount it to the wall?thanks in advance.-M

Comments

• sergserg 682 Posts
    sounds like you fucked up, we've got two over here(4x4 & 5x5), neither is attached to the wall. Shit on the 4x4 I didn't even install those braces for the back. Does yours sway back and forth or side to side? You tighten down those allen bolts all the way?

• Side to side. but only a little. Hopefully when I got back with the mallet, shit will tighten up.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    try loading up some records on it, the weight helps hold them down too. You should be ok

• Did you put the anchor screws in on the tops and bottom? It will always sway a bit but will become more sturdy when you add in your records.

• try loading up some records on it, the weight helps hold them down too. You should be ok

Serg,

Completely unrelated, but plaese to send me Liarface 2.0's track 3 & 4 of Broke (The Musical). They ain't in that gmail setup, hoLmes.

Muchos garcias y buenos nachos.

Herm

• sergserg 682 Posts
    check your pm's for some yousendit links

• Did you put the anchor screws in on the tops and bottom? It will always sway a bit but will become more sturdy when you add in your records.

Add records starting from the bottom up.