Article on DJ Premier with ten of his best mp3s

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Heres a good article on Primo and ten of his greatest hits. Some real dope songs in there. Check it out.http://thelowendtheory.blogspot.com/2005/09/dj-premiers-greatest-hits.html

Comments

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Cool. Thanks for mp3s. Don't quite agree with the choices in the list, though. I think the "Ease My Mind" and "Devil's Pie" remixes are some of the most boring shit he ever did. When it comes to Buckshot Lefonque, I like "Breakfast at Denny's" better. There are plenty of non-Gangstarr Preemo beats that could have made it to that top 10, but of course that's just a matter of taste.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Cool. Thanks for mp3s. Don't quite agree with the choices in the list, though. I think the "Ease My Mind" and "Devil's Pie" remixes are some of the most boring shit he ever did. When it comes to Buckshot Lefonque, I like "Breakfast at Denny's" better. There are plenty of non-Gangstarr Preemo beats that could have made it to that top 10, but of course that's just a matter of taste.

co-siggle

• "In the Trunk"

• thats cool. One joint that i should have put up but was to lazy to record off the wax was Nas is like. Also some jigga should have went up. But i didnt want to put up the real popular joints. Dudes catalog though is so big that you could easily do 20 songs. But thanks for checking it out. Peace.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Primo did machine gun funk? Really? I always thought that was easy mo bee.

• actually thats a remix i put up that primo did. machine gun funk was originally done by easy mo be.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    thats cool. One joint that i should have put up but was to lazy to record off the wax was Nas is like. Also some jigga should have went up. But i didnt want to put up the real popular joints. Dudes catalog though is so big that you could easily do 20 songs. But thanks for checking it out. Peace.

well, I didnt have the arrested development song. So thanks.......even though is really wack.

• haha, i dunno. im really feeling that track.

• but heres another that should have been up
    http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HN90N75AWGJ721RIALCMEZK57
    Xzbit what a mess.

actually thats a remix i put up that primo did. machine gun funk was originally done by easy mo be.

This remix is pretty cool. (See Phill, I'm giving Primo props!)

White label plaese.

thats cool. One joint that i should have put up but was to lazy to record off the wax was Nas is like. Also some jigga should have went up. But i didnt want to put up the real popular joints. Dudes catalog though is so big that you could easily do 20 songs. But thanks for checking it out. Peace.

well, I didnt have the arrested development song. So thanks.......even though is really wack.

The verses are whatever. But the track is pretty cool, especially if you hear the OG.

• thanks for this. ex to next is a top-ten hip hop fave for me maybe. i woulda included at least one nas joint. thanks again.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

"In the Trunk"

Good god yes.

• i gotta bump this cause i finally got a copy of paula perry 'extra extra' in the post..