Barrington Levy

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
someone recommend an album (or albums) of his to check for please. i've always heard random tracks of his that i dug, but never been familiar with his catalog.

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    "broader then broadway" would probably be his best known cut.

• "broader then broadway" would probably be his best known cut.
    is that the name of an album of his? i'm looking for albums to check for, really. thanks.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    "broader then broadway" would probably be his best known cut.
    is that the name of an album of his? i'm looking for albums to check for, really. thanks.

I think the song sirus is referring to is Barringtons big hit "Here I Come" from 1985. He just sings "I'm broad, broad, I'm broader than Broadway" in the hook. Tons of good Barrington stuff out there, like the album "Poor Man Style"

and many others.

• Here I Come
    Yeah, that's his best tune IMO.

"Too Experienced/Best Of" will get you all you need to start with.

• "Gimme the grass"

coming on like barrington stepped out of bed to discover he woke up in ESG's house-

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Barrington Levy is boss. But reggae music is about singles. There's lots of good stuff. He even did some dope ragga jungle tunes on Tribal Bass with Rebel MC.

• someone recommend an album (or albums) of his to check for please. i've always heard random tracks of his that i dug, but never been familiar with his catalog.

This will always be the one for me!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    someone recommend an album (or albums) of his to check for please. i've always heard random tracks of his that i dug, but never been familiar with his catalog.

This will always be the one for me!

That's a great place to start. If you like it--and there's probably something wrong with you if you don't--you can continue with: Shine Eye Girl, Robinhood and Prison Oval Rock, all produced by Junjo Lawes, and Money Move, a set of George Phang productions.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    "Poorman Style..."
    is the one i have. i like it all the way thru.

• Options
    Yeah, Bounty Hunter is a great place to start, but you can't sleep on the 12's/7's of which this is one of the best

Also have a minty Jamaican original Money Move for sale.

K in Canada.

• murdererrrrrrroiii....

• I think the whole "Englishman" album on greensleves where he is muggin in front of the RR grill is solid, but it's proabably a collection of singles for all I know.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Bounty Hunter
    Englishman
    Robin Hood
    Poor Man Style
    Prison Oval Rock