New Ghostface Killah

DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
'Be Easy', produced by Pete Rock. OMG.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I agree.

• fake frowns sell 'em on ebay. whut? feeling this joint. ghost is the most.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    sell 'em on ebey.

sell 'em on ebey.

sell 'em on ebey.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    where can i hear this?

• shit is bananas we got the 12inch on the way... hoping this week...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    pretty hot.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    A slight de-railing of the thread...

but...

despite being one of the dopest ever... isn't Ghost one of the most consistent out there?

When has there ever been a time when Ghost was wack?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

but...

despite being one of the dopest ever... isn't Ghost one of the most consistent out there?

Like, a wack album? Not really. He's had a couple that have been close to average in my opinion.

But when supreme clientele dropped out of nowhere, after i had lost faith in the wu tang, and was amazing. Thats his finest moment.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ghost has never spit a wack verse

ever

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Dope! Love that hook. Ghost is onpoint as ever and he is sitting lovely on that beat. Pete Rock hatters, where ya at?

• yeah this is real hot. Some of the better shit pete put out lately. Ghost is on point also. I heard doom did some tracks for his new album. The album is called Fishscale

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    that shit is

that a Sylvers sample?

• that shit is

that a Sylvers sample?

Yes.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

but...

i'm always thinking about this...i mean seriously, i can't recall anyone as consistent as him, AND ALWAYS entertaining. a phucking legend, and the funny thing is when he first came out, you'd never think he'd be one of the more commercially accessible wutangies...and best emotional mc to me, that verse on "impossible" to this day is like hearing virtual reality...just induct him into the hip hop hall of fame already, in terms of longevity, he's a rapper that could be 60 and still kick it, can't say that about anyone else. and that dude would kick your ass at scrabble! the salvador dali of speech he is. rock on ghost!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yeah,
    My hommie and I were talkin' about GhostFace. He said that its amazing that he has outlasted Method Man, who in the beginning soaked up all the light.
    Funny, how GF was the one cat who disguised himself.

• A slight de-railing of the thread...

but...

i'm always thinking about this...i mean seriously, i can't recall anyone as consistent as him, AND ALWAYS entertaining. a phucking legend, and the funny thing is when he first came out, you'd never think he'd be one of the more commercially accessible wutangies...and best emotional mc to me, that verse on "impossible" to this day is like hearing virtual reality...just induct him into the hip hop hall of fame already, in terms of longevity, he's a rapper that could be 60 and still kick it, can't say that about anyone else. and that dude would kick your ass at scrabble! the salvador dali of speech he is. rock on ghost!

definitely the most consistent, and co-sign on him being the dark horse. his verses, though NEVER WHACK, were not remarkable to me on the first Wu album. But dude has grown into his own and though may not have put out the best single solo albums (for me those are liquid swords and only built 4), but he has been way more constent (see the less-than-stellar gza and raekwon follow up albums).

however, I feel compelled to play devil's advocate and remind you guys about...bulletproof wallets. not a high point. by no means whack, but far, far, beneath supreme c, ironman and the unfuckwittable prettey toney.

anyone read the CD liner notes in the Theodore Unit 718 album? Ghost has a fake baseball card listing his hits (wu-tang debut, onlybuilt4 and his solo albums) but he conspicuously leaves bulletproof wallets off the list. like he's disowning that shit.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if shit got sample clearance, bulletproof wallets would have been fire. i said it before and ill say it again, ghost's unreleased shit alone shits on entire catalogs of other artists.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    if shit got sample clearance, bulletproof wallets would have been fire. i said it before and ill say it again, ghost's unreleased shit alone shits on entire catalogs of other artists.

The original version of The Forest is too fucking good.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

The original version of The Forest is too fucking good.
    flowers too
    shits like one of my favorite songs by him

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    that shit is

that a Sylvers sample?

Yes.

Please to be naming

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Dude is dope. He 's been around for a decade + & is still pushing the limits. How many older cats can say the same?

• that shit is

that a Sylvers sample?

Yes.

Please to be naming

"Staw Away From Me"

• holy fuckin' shit....

hotness...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Dude is dope. He 's been around for a decade + & is still pushing the limits. How many older cats can say the same?

This one........IMO

• The track is
    but the sylvers joint itself is much better imo.