Just a simple hip hop mix

bropsbrops 182 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I've been working on a tape for my ears the last few days, and was pretty satisfied with the result so why not share.http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=281OCGXQLWWHV1NCCN85AYN1NY It's 76 mb, just so you now.Tracklist: 1. Binary Star - Honest Expression 2. Three Times Dope - Funky Dividends 3. Common - I Am Music 4. Organized Konfusion - Let's Organize 5. Edan - Fumbling Over Words That Rhyme 6. Opio - Granite Earth (ft. Pigeon John) 7. The Perceptionists - Breathe in the Sun 8. Wordsworth - One Day 9. Quasimoto - Basic Instinct 10. Louis Logic - The Ugly Truth 11. I Self Devine - Love Song 12. Kanye West - Drive Slow (ft. Paul Wall & GLC) 13. Zion I - Doin' My Thang 14. Troubleneck Brothers - Back to the Hip Hop 15. Fat Joe - This Shit is Real (Premo Remix) 16. Diamond D - Feelin' It (ft. Sadat X) 17. Notorious BIG - Can I Get Witcha (Remix) 18. King Geedorah - Anti-Matter (ft. MF Doom & Mr. Fantastik)

Comments

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

12. Kanye West - Drive Slow (ft. Paul Wall & GLC)

ahh man, not to knock you mix or anything (I havent even heard it yet), but that track got me puking just reading the title. Drive Slow homey. What a dumb-ass track.

sorry brops.. I'll check your mix out. thx for posting.

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    I think it's pretty okey. I'm not the biggest fan of Kanye, but I sometimes it's nice to have some more known tracks in the mix as well (that's a real relative statement though, but you know what I mean). I tried make something both for the hip hop crowd and my regular friends who might not be too into hip hop besides the tracks they're hearing at the radio/television.

• Nah man, just mix what you like.
    'Build it & they will come'
    Downloaded & am listening now. Cool.
    I thought that Kanye track was like one of the few muiscally decent ones on his album. Most of them are just way too overproduced for me. I prefer his rawer stuff he does for others.
    Besides I rate every track you mixed. And I give you props for taking your time to share.