Ring Worm (NRR!!!!!!)

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
OK I know their are a lot of pet owners here and I can't afford the vet right now.I'm thinking my cat has ring worm. She's licked the hair off a small spot on her side and it almost looks like the tell tale "ring" is forming. I'm going to givef it a couple days to see if it's obvious.3 questions:Can I get it, if so how can I prevent that?Are their any cheap ways to get rid of it with out going to the vet?Can it hurt/kill my cat if I let it go to long?I'm a really good pet owner, I'm just broke.........I know......take that shit to the-vet.com!

Comments

• i wish i could help you. i've never had a cat that got ringworm. i think there must be some medications or something you can get. probably would be as expensive as a trip to the vet though.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Thanks! I figured with all the pet owners people would have all kinds of "Timmy Thomas" knowledge, but it was worth a shot.

• Yes you can get it.

It's a fungus (not a worm) not unlike athlete's foot. You can kill it with topical fungicides or if it's a bad case a pill is also available (at least for humans).

I will ask my boy at the vet school here if he can reccommend an over the counter drug.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Yes you can get it.

It's a fungus (not a worm) not unlike athlete's foot. You can kill it with topical fungicides or if it's a bad case a pill is also available (at least for humans).

I will ask my boy at the vet school here if he can reccommend an over the counter drug.

Wow thanks! I really though it was a worm. I wonder if I can put athletes foot cream on it. Oh well, I'll do some googleing. Thanks again!

• Yes you can get it.

Wow thanks! I really though it was a worm. I wonder if I can put athletes foot cream on it. Oh well, I'll do some googleing. Thanks again!

Athlete's foot = tinetis = ringworm... just get some lamicil. or TOUGH ACTIN TINACTIN.

(for you, if it crops up, not your cat)

• and if your cat gets the other kind of worms, use hot sauce. And lots of it.

• and if your cat gets the other kind of worms, use hot sauce. And lots of it.

Yeah, I could always use some new pussy.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

• Yes you can get it.

my vet homie strongly reccommended a skin scrape to test it. i know those aren't free, but it may be worth it.

• Oh yeah, PS you don't want to get it on your nuts

• Sort of on subject. Anyone heard that track that Van Morrison did about getting ringworm.? He was trying to purposely get dropped from his label, so he made a bunch of weird ass shit that was purposely non-commercial. Some of the funniest stuff I had heard in a minute. I will post audio later.

• did any of you fucking nerds think the title of this thread read "ring worn" ?????

• did any of you fucking nerds think the title of this thread read "ring worn" ?????

• my vet homie strongly reccommended a skin scrape to test it.
    no surprise there. My sister is a vet and she is always recomending the most in depth (expensive) approach. If it looks like ring worm, put some lamicil etc. on it and see how it goes for a week or 2 if no change then it's vet time. You will probably want to keep her from liking the creme of though, so it might be lampshade around the head time for a few days.