Stovall Sisters - help!

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
My girl just caled me to tell me she heard the dopest female funk track on the radio:Stovall Sisters - Hang on in thereHad a little search but couldn't find much info. Anyone know if this is hard to cop? Label? Year? 45 or LP?Thanks in advance.

Comments

• yo man wasn't me was it?? just played it a couple of days ago...

it's on reprise, i think there's a 45 too, not too hard to cop the lp maybe $50 might do it. it was on that reissued funk 45's box set not so long ago too. dope little break at the start too. if you want one might be able to come up on a spare, lemme know. ethan

• there's a 45 too

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    hey wait a minute
    yer the guy who was bein all tight with that sue barker joints
    sorry i helped

Man, the trade didn't work out with you. It happens to me all the time as well! I certainly don't have any hard feelings towards you because of that, and I don't know why you would.

As it happens I have just arranged to trade that Sue Barker to a guy in Germany.

I am more than happy to cop the only copy of it available in Sydney at the moment if you'd like it. The guy has AU$200 on it.

Peace
    Mark

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Didn't I trade you a copy of the Stovall Sisters LP a few years back?

Not me man!

But feel free to!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    ahh sorry, havent had a double in like 3 years. It was a sealed copy and I've seen it around just not a a cheap enough price where I'd pick it up just to have a spare. However if I see one now I'll pick it up with you in mind

Thanks Guzzo.

I appreciate that!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Is this the lp you guys are talkin bout right?

Anybody have soundclips at all? Looks like something I would dig.

• wow I have that somewhere, gotta pull it out.

• Nononono!

Don't give it to him. Give it to me, he has enough records!!! In fact he was saying he needs to stop collecting them, lack of space or something...umm...hmmm.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

bay area girls... later to release 45s with Lady Margaret on a local label.

• RezRez 164 Posts

I have a M- / M- copy of the Stovall Sisters LP - PM me with trades or other offers - ok?

Rez

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

It's a good record, but the rest of the tracks are not hard & fonky like "hang on in there". mostly it's sr8 gospel. I think it sells for about $60ish.

• It's a good record, but the rest of the tracks are not hard & fonky like "hang on in there". mostly it's sr8 gospel.

True dat... some of the gospel tracks are pretty ill. What's the one I'm thinking of... Sweeping on Through the City? I think that's what it's called. Pretty dope.

DJ Ferrari

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    It's a good record, but the rest of the tracks are not hard & fonky like "hang on in there". mostly it's sr8 gospel.

True dat... some of the gospel tracks are pretty ill. What's the one I'm thinking of... Sweeping on Through the City? I think that's what it's called. Pretty dope.

DJ Ferrari

I think your right. Good gospel LP. I actually perfer some of the more gospel track to the very uptempo "Hang on in there".

The afformentioned track is also available on the "I'm a Good Woman" comp. From harmless

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    they did the backup vox on "Spirit in the Sky" too (greatest TRex ripoff EVAR)

• they did the backup vox on "Spirit in the Sky" too

Their own version of "S.I.T.S." wasn't bad in and of itself. Warner/Reprise also released this on one of those semi-promotional mail-order comps they used to put out (Hot Platters).

(greatest TRex ripoff EVAR)

I think T. Rex were still an acoustic duo at the time. They wouldn't have sounded like that when Norman Greenbaum recorded the original version. But that distorted guitar was insane...