Giant 4 mclusky ain't looking like such a bad deal

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    aha

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    People started to realize it's not that hot.

• People started to realize it's not that hot.

yeah but 20 ? shit that drum break alone is worth at least 50. i've seen mcclusky sell for 25.

• one tracker.

bsides pulled this out of Amoeba a year or two back for $15, at the time it was going for $100-$150. not sure if he flipped it on the bay or not.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

yeah but 20 ? shit that drum break alone is worth at least 50. i've seen mcclusky sell for 25.

it didn't sell

reserve not met

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    It's actually a pretty good psych record, but the price was always about crazy break heads getting it a bidding war. So me thinks.

It's actually a pretty good psych record, but the price was always about crazy break heads getting it a bidding war. So me thinks.

does this mean POZ will be $25 in a few years??

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Yeah, ok. Giant "Queen of downs" is not hot. Sure buddy.

seriously. the vocals are dookie. the break is alright, but doesnt everyone own a copy of this by now? I have at least 5 that I have found all sealed.

kidding. i dont own one.

does this mean POZ will be $25 in a few years??

Should be cuz Giant is a better record and a better break.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

It's not my thing. I'll admit I haven't heard the rest of the album, but Queen of Downs has about 30 seconds of listenable music and the rest of the song is . The break is nice, but these days that's not worth anything.

it didn't sell

reserve not met

but that's what people were willing to pay for it. and another one just went for 27 today as well.

but that's what people were willing to pay for it. and another one just went for 27 today as well.

Well I said that because a reserve auction often doesn't get the bids that a non-reserve auction will. Sounds like you're about right on the present value though.

It's not my thing. I'll admit I haven't heard the rest of the album, but Queen of Downs has about 30 seconds of listenable music and the rest of the song is . The break is nice, but these days that's not worth anything.

man, different strokes for different folks. i like that shit for the whole damn song. especially the singing! kinda drugged up cracked out lady singing some crazy alice in wonderland shit?!?!?!? fuhget about it. that shit is gold.
    havent listened to it in a minute but i actually remember liking a lot of the sound of the rest of the record. queen of downs = that shit!!!!!

i like that shit for the whole damn song. especially the singing! kinda drugged up cracked out lady singing some crazy alice in wonderland shit?!?!?!? fuhget about it. that shit is gold.

it didn't sell

reserve not met

Giant for 27 dollars= . It's way better than spending this much for it... Ridiculous Record Prices

• This record has been steadily declining in price. I bought a copy a couple years back (at TSL) for $45, it had the beginning of a split and a couple light marks, nothing major. Solid "E" condition. Flipped it for $75 on ebay. That was a year or two ago.

Personally I think the record stinks, largely because of the lackluster vocals... but I'm not so much of a breaks head.

By contrast, TSL sells McLusky for $45, or did last I checked.

• By contrast, TSL sells McLusky for $45, or did last I checked.
    Nope, it's still $45...
    More Ridiculous Record Prices

• Options

It's hot.

K.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

By contrast, TSL sells McLusky for $45, or did last I checked.
    Nope, it's still $45...

No offense to the TSL guys.. who have a wonderful clean cut store with a great selection and listening stations, but that web site is a painful experience. It takes forever to load, it's a bland layout, and the prices are jacked up even sillier than what they charge in-store.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

If you want it for the break, get this one instead... you can catch the break without the crowd noise.

• What is the story on this Giant-for-McClusky trade? Seems like the rumor was going around at one point waaaaaay back in the day that I was involved in this trade, which is not true. Now, I have definitely made some errors in the past (both in my favor and to my detriment), but this was not one of them. Dave, what do you know about this urban legend of the digging community? Real headz want to know the deal.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Man, who has my copy? I cant remember who i gave that shit to. If I had it on me Id heatrock that shit in a second.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    what does Giant for Mclusky mean?

• Options
    Wasn't it the basis for a big spat in the trades forum a while back???

K.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

C'mon Young Mack! "All you wet mouths trading Giant for McClusky, that shit is dead with me." Do your homework foolio. Respect the big dudes! This is dialogue from the Conmen mix tapes son. Supreme was lettin' fools know the deal.

C'mon Young Mack! "All you wet mouths trading Giant for McClusky, that shit is dead with me." Do your homework foolio. Respect the big dudes! This is dialogue from the Conmen mix tapes son. Supreme was lettin' fools know the deal.

True true... but how many got the cd and how many got the orig cassette?... I think it was Smooth Criminals... one of my first purchases, shrunked my head from the big dude I thought I was...

• what does Giant for Mclusky mean?

True true... but how many got the cd and how many got the orig cassette?... I think it was Smooth Criminals... one of my first purchases, shrunked my head from the big dude I thought I was...

Nah that ain't on Smooth Criminals.

With the leather hat? Dog! That better not be a Mickey Mouse shirt!

• what does Giant for Mclusky mean?

Nah that ain't on Smooth Criminals.

i think it's the conmen's third one. it's got the blaxsploitation record in the background.
    it has nothing to do with you phil, it was from that mix tape (or mix cd as it were).
    if i remember right supreme said it was some guy from vancouver or something who made that trade. he's on here so maybe he can shed some light..

deerock shed some light will you?