OG Check: Zimbabwe Legit/Shadow's Legitimate Mix

Mongo_SladeMongo_Slade 999 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Was this 12" bootlegged? I know the Zimbabwe Legit 12" w/ Shadow's "Lesson 4" was bootlegged, but this too?I ask b/c I saw one at a store for like $15 and wasn't sure. It was in a Hollywood Basic stock sleeve and had the brown "Real African lyrics, from real Africans!" sticker. If memory serves, the run-out etchings are a little different from my copy, though-- I think one had a wider run-out and slightly different codes. Mine's a promo, so I don't know if that accounts for the difference.Thanks.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    shouldnt you be getting showered for our late morning cuddle session?

• I posted this up on another board the other day. Enjoy.

Found my 'Basic Beats' sampler that was given to me by Funkenklein.
    The compilation of Hollywood Basic tracks circa 91/92 that was pulled due to unauthorized use of samples.

2 excellent megamixes from the archives.

This is the DJ Shadow megamix of Hollywood Basic songs, 'BASIC Mega-Mix'.[/b]
    http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1W35O9BC58D9M1427SFCDEDIL6

This is Danish lads PHASE 5's 10:37min reworking of Queen's, 'Another One Bites the Dust'.[/b]
    http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1AQYH295664TF069WAN5CAUTIM

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    it did get bootlegged, and it looks real legit. beware.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    it did get bootlegged, and it looks real legit. beware.

one of several near exact (stickers and all!) hollywood basic boots of the past few years...

• shouldnt you be getting showered for our late morning cuddle session?

SHHHHHHHHHH! Not in front of the kids, dude.

• it did get bootlegged, and it looks real legit. beware.

one of several near exact (stickers and all!) hollywood basic boots of the past few years...

yeah - about 2 years ago it did, along with the Organized - Who Stole My Last Piece of Chicken? 12

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    those hollywood basic reishes.......unless you got an og side by side for comparison, is pretty tough to spot.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

The re-issues don't have any copyright info on the label.

h

• it did get bootlegged, and it looks real legit. beware.

yeah - about 2 years ago it did, along with the Organized - Who Stole My Last Piece of Chicken? 12

longer than that cause I picked one up to have as a spare in LA in like 1999 or so. Didn't the OG have a more 'fabric' sticker and the reish have a more 'plastic' sticker?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    The giveaway for the Lesson 4 OG is the "cloth" sticker on the cover.

I got mine from an old school DJ from my hometown (PCL) for $5... I think he copped it in a promo bin in LA back in the days when he went on a buying mission for local record store ROCKING HORSE RECORDS... heat.

peace.