More classic records store quotes......

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
Doing a little flipping on my dinner break. Whole place to myself until crazy dude walks in. Keep in mind he was talking loudly to himself with all these quotes...."What do we have here.....Beatles Sgt Pepper.. $3? $2 million too much.""What's this box.......$3? Put some pants on!"(sound of fart comming from him) "What's that?""25 cents? Too much! What's this the crap you can't sell for 50 cents?" "Jackson Browne 50 cents......ummmmm I'll think about it."

Comments

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Was this in seattle and if so, what store? And nice avatar haha.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Dudes were muttering crazy shit whe I was digging on the weekend.

I went to one of my usual spots where I know the owner pretty well - he puts me up on stuff and I do the same. Anyway, some dude walked in, muttering undiscernable things at the ownder before walking out. I'm lke, "who was that?" Owner just sighes "don't ask."

Is it just me, or do any of you feel like you're the only normal person into collecting records? Seems like vinyl brings the nutters out of the woodwork.

maybe I'm a nutter and I just don't realise it?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Was this in seattle and if so, what store? And nice avatar haha.

It was at the half price books out in Bellevue.

This dead head really took the cake yesterday.........

"I'm rebuilding my collection with CD's, I used to have all this stuff on record but I smopked a lot of pot and I sold everything to pay for pot, I don't smoke anymore so know I want to get my music back but on CD, I don't like to buy things used even if they look good, I want all my stuff to be new, you know that band INXS? Have you heard the CD Kick? You know they are trying to get a new singer for that band, the old singer commited suicide, we'll it wasn't really suicide, it was some sort of masterbation thing where he had a rope around his neck, he sounds bi-polar, do you know what that is? I'm bi-polar, I get really depressed and think about killing myself, I was walking across the bridge the other day and I just thought about jumping off, anyhow I'm not sure if I want to get the this Greatful Dead or the Extreme CD."

as his Jerry Garcia look a like buddy nods in agreement.

I hate to be mean, but dammmmmmmmmmm

• "I'm rebuilding my collection with CD's, I used to have all this stuff on record but I smopked a lot of pot and I sold everything to pay for pot, I don't smoke anymore so know I want to get my music back but on CD, I don't like to buy things used even if they look good, I want all my stuff to be new, you know that band INXS? Have you heard the CD Kick? You know they are trying to get a new singer for that band, the old singer commited suicide, we'll it wasn't really suicide, it was some sort of masterbation thing where he had a rope around his neck, he sounds bi-polar, do you know what that is? I'm bi-polar, I get really depressed and think about killing myself, I was walking across the bridge the other day and I just thought about jumping off, anyhow I'm not sure if I want to get the this Greatful Dead or the Extreme CD."

people that talk like that with sentences falling one after the other from their lips without stopping are usually really lonely.

• This guy came into the store yesterday.

Dark bug-like sunglasses, black fingernail polish, ratty stringy greasy black dye hair, bone-like ear piercings. Walks purposefully to the counter.

Dude: "DO YOU HAVE ANY RONNY JAMES DIO?!"

Me: "No... we don't have anything with Dio on it right now. Either him or Sabbath."

Dude: "SO YOU DON'T HAVE ANY HEAVY METAL???"

Me: "Uh... Yeah, we do... just no Dio... not a one..."

Dude: "WHERE????"

Me: "Well there are a couple records in the New Arrivals. Then rock is over there, on the left closest to the door."

(dude walks to the jazz section)

Me: "No, two rows over from that." (you know, where it says "rock")

(dude goes to the drums/breaks which is between the jazz and the rock)

Me: "one more over."

(dude flips through three rock records then flings them back hard)

Dude: (mumbles something)

Me: "Excuse me?"

Dude: "FUCK YOU! THANK YOU!" (storms out)

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    His idea of "Good Records" and yours clearly differ.