Avalons LP (doo wop raer related?)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
I was behind an old head recently who scored an Avalons LP with a yellow cover. Had a nice pic of them on the front and funny pics of them on the back.

Just wondering what I missed... it definitely wasn't The 4 Avalons, so I'm guessing I missed out on a slice of nice, rare Doo Wop, haha. I cry?

Dude also pulled a Triana LP (spanish prog/psych) and some Brazilian LP, a female singer. Not a big name, '79 so I ain't tripping.

That pizza thread has got me fiending now. Dammit!

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I was behind an old head recently

AYO!

• Not a big name, '79 so I ain't tripping.

Mark you should know better than this.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Not a big name, '79 so I ain't tripping.

Mark you should know better than this.

Sigh, I'll ask the dude the title next time. Then I'll see if I was wrong for missing that box.

I still ain't trippin though, scored a nice stack of jazz for myself that day.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

'79 so I ain't tripping.

------------- Avatar is '79. Cuba was bringing that heat in the dark days of '79.

yah, I got that record

okay dudes

"I AM TOTALLY TRIPPING NOW. YAAARGH!"

hahaha

• yah, I got that record

okay dudes

"I AM TOTALLY TRIPPING NOW. YAAARGH!"

hahaha

Just joshing but seriously, ask Tripledouble about the time I turned down several copies of Viva Brasil... 80s Brazilian release out of the Bay Area that IMO is fucking awful. Little did I know if fetches a c-note or better...

Okay, that is definitely making curious as to the prize czech on this Avalons LP he scooped and whatever the heck that Brazil LP I missed was.

I see the dude around, so I'll ask him, for sure.